Which Brand Lens is Best for Manual Focus?

I've installed Katzeye split focusing screens in both my Canon 20D's, turned the AF off, and never looked back. Even though the 20D focusing screen isn't officially interchangable, it was easy to do with the instructions provided by Katzeye. Too bad they can't somehow make that viewfinder bigger though.

I truly hated AF when it first appeared. It always wanted to focus on anything except the subject I wanted focused. I didn't use it for a long time even though I had AF lenses. Over time not only has AF gotten better, but so have I. Once you get the hang of AF lock, it's just fine. I can focus, lock, recompose and shoot just as fast as I can focus manually and I have the added security of computerized focus.

If you go with Pentax, you can use any lens ever made for the system. The mount is the same for all of them. This would give you quite a range of manual focus lenses to choose from.

Hmmm! Thankyou, gentlemen (and ladies if there were any). Although the list isn't any shorter than before I asked my questions, you've answered my questions.

I think I'll have search in-store, and determine some more specific questions. When that happens, I'll be back!

Thanks again!

basil, i'm so glad that you've asked these questions because i have been wondering the same thing. :) i too feel strongly about using mf but have decided to give the af a try.

Most reactions

Back