Which camera is best ?

atiqursumon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Which of of digital camera is best for one new photographer?

Questions:

1. What is your budget?
  2. What kind of photos do you want to take?
  3. Do you want a big camera or a small camera?

Need personal camera, size is small and small budget.

Which of of digital camera is best for one new photographer?
Any digital camera, if the new photographer has no camera.

Making good photographs is more about the photographer's skill and knowledge than it is about the camera used.

Just starting out, I think I go with a not-too-expensive option as well as one that provides a good learning tool. To that end, I'd suggest a higher-end point-and-shoot (pocket) camera that allows partial and full manual control (P, Av, Tv, M) as well as various pre-programmed 'scenes' such as portrait, night, landscape. One can learn basic photography, and experiment with various manual exposure controls as a means to understand the exposure triangle.

While there are many that think pocket cameras are useless, I have both a full-featured pocket camera and a high-end DSLR. In my opinion, the image quality from the pocket camera is surprisingly good, approximately equal to entry-level DSLR gear.

In short, do some online reviews of various camera makes and models, and choose one that best suits your needs and finances.

The best camera is going to be the one you use.

Just starting out, I think I go with a not-too-expensive option as well as one that provides a good learning tool. To that end, I'd suggest a higher-end point-and-shoot (pocket) camera that allows partial and full manual control (P, Av, Tv, M) as well as various pre-programmed 'scenes' such as portrait, night, landscape. One can learn basic photography, and experiment with various manual exposure controls as a means to understand the exposure triangle.

While there are many that think pocket cameras are useless, I have both a full-featured pocket camera and a high-end DSLR. In my opinion, the image quality from the pocket camera is surprisingly good, approximately equal to entry-level DSLR gear.

In short, do some online reviews of various camera makes and models, and choose one that best suits your needs and finances.

If your budget is tight, look at used cameras. I've had several meeting the above recommendations for pocket cameras for under £10. I got them to modify for infra red - but they just feel to good to risk :)
I've also brought a couple of mirrorless cameras (meeting bratkinson's suggested parameters and adding the ability to change lenses) for around £100-£200. The images they produce are quite adequate for most uses - Printing to A3 with no problem... Shots from one of them generated a lot of interest at our clubs recent display. :)

A good quality compact with program and manual settings, or a bridge camera is what I'd be looking for as someone just starting out. If your budget will stretch to it, try to get one with a German lens: Leica, Zeiss or Schneider Kreuznach.

I just got the Nikon D3300 and its a great entry level DSLR if you want to spend a little more cash.....around $520 come with kit lens 18-55mm

iPhone of some sort. I love the image quality on those things.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back