Which camera is the best for new born photography (studio) ?

the perpetual eternal post on "what's the best camera" .... !

(thx Gryh, I know I'll always get a quick response from U .. - now that's entertainment !)

7017902039_c519ca56fc_b.jpg

still looking for that comedy emoji !

Last edited:
the perpetual eternal post on "what's the best camera" .... !

(thx Gryh, I know I'll always get a quick response from U .. - now that's entertainment !)

still looking for that comedy emoji !
Tell me, did you read the entire thread? What makes the Canon camera the best choice since the OP already has a perfectly good Nikon D700? Also you state that you concur with the other posters that a Canon camera may be the best camera for newborn photography. Exactly whom is it that you are concurring with other than yourself. No one else recommended Canon in their posts? Derrell is the only one that even gave Canon a passing mention and it was no where near a recommendation that a Canon camera was the best.
Face Couch.jpg

The OP wants the "best" camera !
sure, he already owns a Kodak or nikon, etc. but he wants the best !

obviously he will have to upgrade to Canon if he is to get the "best" !
(for that lucrative professional baby photography career)

I still need that comedy emoji !!

Tell me, what makes a Canon Camera the "Best" other than fanboy dreams?

Nikon and Sony's current lines of cameras have the best sensors for both dynamic range and High ISO usability on the market. The current line of Nikon bodies consistently out perform the Canon bodies in their real live hands on trials. Sometimes not by much but the test results don't lie.

Nikon has as big a range of top quality lenses as any other maker in the market and bigger than almost all the other. Zeiss has long been known for making some of the absolutely best lenses on the market bar none. Sony has made great strides in their lenses as well as their latest lines of bodies. Pentax, while not as big a player has always made and continues to make high quality equipment that provides excellent results for their users.

You consistently claim that Canon is the Best with out ever giving one shred of evidence to back up your claims.

The funniest part of this whole thing is that I AM A CANON USER since going digital several years ago . What I am not is a Fanboy living in a dream world providing opinions based on alternative facts just because it is what I like or what I use. I don't have the expectation that everyone should use my exact gear or shoot the exact way I shoot.

The funniest part of this whole thing is that I AM A CANON USER since going digital several years ago . What I am not is a Fanboy living in a dream world providing opinions based on alternative facts just because it is what I like or what I use. I don't have the expectation that everyone should use my exact gear or shoot the exact way I shoot.

now that is funny !

most pros use Canon and now you use Canon !
congratz

that's a real face palm !

now that is funny !

congratz

bs-meter.gif

Who says Most Pros Use Canon Camera's. More fake news from you based on alternative facts with out any substantiation.

T

The funniest part of this whole thing is that I AM A CANON USER since going digital several years ago . se my exact gear or shoot the exact way I shoot.

now that is funny !

congratz

[/ATTACH]

Most Pros Use Canon Camera's.

LOL !

by beagle100 on Photography Forum

still looking for that comedy entertainment button ! ....... think I found it (or him!)

T

now that is funny !

congratz

[/ATTACH]

LOL !

still looking for that comedy entertainment button !
Clue .jpg

T

now that is funny !

congratz

[/ATTACH]

LOL !

still looking for that comedy entertainment button !
]

yep, I located the entertainment comedy button ~ !

Okay children, let's give it a rest. Just a reminder that engaging in brand wars is not permitted!

Once again only you know which is best for you and also if you are going to be a pro you should not ask others for advice on equipment. You should talk to camera manufacturers. In my field which is industrial automation I often ask equipment manufacturers for recommending new stuff that might be better for my projects. I often tell them specific features that I need and they could help me.
If I were to photograph babies I would use a camera with good low light performance, using relatively wide angle lenses like 35mm or 28mm on a FF camera. I would photograph at very close distance like 1 or 2 feet from the baby and not using flash. I think it's the parent that pay the bill and the tend to look at their babies at very close distance and photographing them at the same distance gave them the same perspective.

...using relatively wide angle lenses like 35mm or 28mm on a FF camera. I would photograph at very close distance like 1 or 2 feet from the baby and not using flash....
Sorry, but I'm going to respectfully categorize that as bad advice. First and foremost, 28mm at 2' might do the job, assuming the lens will focus that close (some will, some won't). The major issue is distortion, especially in cheaper, consumer-grade lenses. The child's nose is going to appear disproportionately large. In addition, since you recommend using ambient light, it's entirely likely you will need to shoot wide open. At f1.8, at 2', you DoF on a 28mm lens is about TWO INCHES! Lastly, there is the issue of working so close to the child. I would not be comfortable with someone working 2' away from me, I can't imagine what effect it would have on a child who doesn't really understand what is happening to begin with.

No, you can't do that, not with a newborn. Even with a somewhat older baby that would likely be too close for comfort. And if someone's going to use a flash, no, you can't fire it off that close (to anyone's face probably) because of the discomfort of a bright light right in the eyes. Newborns have tiny bodies! They cannot yet (depending on the baby) tolerate as much as they can as they get older.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back