which camera is the best

sunny24365

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im not sure if i can ask this question here.Im new to this forum.I love photography.And want to buy a digital camera,that is around 100-200$.i want a camera that has easy to use buttons,for a new guy like me as well as my parents.please help me out in this thing and tell me which one is the best at this price and with reasonable features.

Thank you all
sunny.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not really up to date on the lower end digital cameras...there seems to be 15 new models every week. Really, if you are only going to spend $100-$200...they are all pretty much the same. Some have more zoom range, some are bigger or smaller etc....but I don't know if there are any that really stand out from the rest.

It might be a good idea to look at the features that are important to you and then consider the size and feel of the camera.

You can compare the specs on this site... http://www.dpreview.com/

For P&S cameras I generally recommend the Canon Powershot, Nikon Coolpix, or Sony Cybershot. Fujifilm has some decent P&Ss as well. Go test out any of those brands in the price range and see which one you like best. I'd probably stay closer to 150 to 200 rather than near 100.

I would avoid the lower end Kodak ones, they work alright outdoors, but the moment you try to use 'em in artificial light, bye bye image quality.

yep, Canon and Sony are great

image stabilisation/shake reduction is a good feature, as is Face Detection which will make sure that faces are in focus

other than that, they are all pretty much the same. you can adjust ISO, but not many allow Shutter speed and aperture adjustments.

they all do macro

just get one that is asthetically pleasing and on sale

Not sure about that "all do macro" statement, but all can take some very up close pictures.

Most reactions

Back