which camera to get ?

-emma-

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i am looking for a fuji camera £60 to £250 to buy any one help with which one i am wanting to take pics like this this & this with the camera
any advice
thanks emma
:thumbup:

For a long time I had fuji finepix s5000 but it is quite old now. Although it gave me a great quality of pic (I had a few exhibions - so big prints made with it). what's more it was fully manual so I could learn more... maybe you should look into s5600 ??

Im torn between whether to get the canon eos350/rebel xti/ or Sony a100,itll be my first DSLR,so recommendations please! Oh and btw can someone point out why all the 3 cameras mentioned above have 1x optical n digi zoom? Isnt this rubbish? Sorry for my ignorance but this has confused me,seeing as a poor £50 digi cam has at least x 3/4/5 optical zoom! Hit me with the technical stuff if you must,thanks!:thumbup:

redtree84 said:
Im torn between whether to get the canon eos350/rebel xti/ or Sony a100,itll be my first DSLR,so recommendations please! Oh and btw can someone point out why all the 3 cameras mentioned above have 1x optical n digi zoom? Isnt this rubbish? Sorry for my ignorance but this has confused me,seeing as a poor £50 digi cam has at least x 3/4/5 optical zoom! Hit me with the technical stuff if you must,thanks!:thumbup:

I have the A100 and thus far am very pleased with the shots I have gotten from it. Let it be known that I only got this camera because I have a minolta maxxum 70 and all my lenses work with both cameras. Would I have bought this camera otherwise, probably not. But, let me say that I am glad I dad.

The body is a hard plastic composition which, for the price I paid, one would expect a higher quality. But, let it be known,its APS-C sized, 10.2 megapixel CCD sensor is still the most affordable in the market. So, this makes it attractive to people that can't go out and spend 2-3,000 dollars.

The anti-shake mechanism is for from 2 to 3.5 stops of additional exposure help as you try to shoot in low light. Sony says that means if you were shooting a 250mm lens, you'd normally be required to use a shutter speed of 1/250 to prevent motion blur. With Super SteadyShot , Sony states one could keep the camera stable enough to get the same shot at 1/20 second. I have taken some amazing shots with my telephoto that would back this up!! One would sumise that all you need is a tripod to achieve this but, it's nice to not always have to carry one around

Sony also billed this camera as being improved in the aspect of dust collection. The glass has a special indium tin oxide coating that is supposed to resist dust collection. And a mechanism that supposedly shakes the glass everytime you switch the camera on to remove dust??? I'm not sure on this one...I haven't had a problem either way.

The only thing I'm not to fond about is the fact that I have to scroll through the menu to adjust white balance. One would assume that a function like this should be readily available and not requiring one to spend so much time going through menus. But even with that, once you get the hang of where all the functions are, it is very easy to navigate

Do a search on this forum under my user name. Ninety percent of my posted pictures are with my A100.

Hope I helped a bit:wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back