Which camera?

dansousa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I´m new here.
I have a Canon A75 + CF512Mb/128Mb/32Mb and I´d like to acquire a new one. I have US$ 500.00/US$ 600.00.

Some friends told me about these:
- Panasonic FZ20
- Minolta Z5
- Canon PowerShot S2 IS
- Fuji S5100
- Olympus C8080
- Canon Pro1

Which one would I choose? and Why? Is there any better in this range($500 - $600)? Which?

Tks
Daniel Sousa

go to BHphoto.com and check out all the digital cameras.....most of them have reviews from people who own them......plus this is the cheapest place on earth to get equipment.

good luck.
p..s.......Canon is the best!

J.
http://www.jasonlandry.com

Welcome to the forum.

What are you looking for that your Canon A75 can't give you now?

If you are interested in photography, I would strongly recommend that you consider a digital SLR over any of those cameras. Yes, any DSLR will be above the budget you mentioned...but even the entry level DSLRs will be much, much better than any of those point & shoot style cameras. There are various reasons...try a search of these forums.

I would suggest the Canon Digital Rebel or Rebel XT. Also the Nikon D70 or D50.

Big Mike said:
Welcome to the forum.

What are you looking for that your Canon A75 can't give you now?

If you are interested in photography, I would strongly recommend that you consider a digital SLR over any of those cameras. Yes, any DSLR will be above the budget you mentioned...but even the entry level DSLRs will be much, much better than any of those point & shoot style cameras. There are various reasons...try a search of these forums.

I would suggest the Canon Digital Rebel or Rebel XT. Also the Nikon D70 or D50.
What this guy said... Point and shoots suck. I'd get a used pro film camera... Canon EOS 3, Canon EOS 1v... or nikon equvalent of them.

I would not want a rebel either, I have one and I regret not getting a 20D

DocFrankenstein said:
Point and shoots suck.

I suppose it depends on what you need the camera for and what you want out of it. I myself own the S2, and it has been great for me so far. Plenty of range in manual settings (both aperture and shutter speed), and zoom from 36-432mm...I was extremely pleased with the results of even my first day shooting with it. It is versatile and compact and I can get the shot I want quickly without fiddling with multiple lenses...it will be very useful when I travel.

Just one thing that nobody has mentioned. You allready have a few CF cards so I'd be looking for a camera that uses CF rather than have to change to a new format like SD. For that reason I wouldn't go for a few of those cameras in your list.

You can check out which cameras take what here:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs.asp

Most reactions

Back