which CF for Nikon D3

ajnikond3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi, I am bit confused on what and how big CF Card I need D3 . speed ect ?

hi, I am bit confused on what and how big CF Card I need D3 . speed ect ?

4-gig or 8-gig SanDisk cards are fine. On the D3x which is 24 megapixel, I typically get 339 raw images per 8-gigabytes... I like SanDisk Extreme. Been shooting on this batch since 2005 and 2009...still working great, same old cards. What I spent a fortune on back then, you can buy today for a pittance, as prices have come down, and people seem to think 4- and 8-gig cards are too small. I dunno..I grew up with 36-shot rolls...having TWO x 339 in the camera at one time is good for me...you'd get 1,500 frames or more with two, 8-gig'ers in the D3...

Here is some of the finest tabulated data on CF card write speed in the D3s...you camera is probably every bit as fast at writing to card.

Rob Galbraith DPI: Nikon D3S

Sounds good to me , there are all good right ups on sandisk , so I think I will go with them , cheers for the info

I use Sandisk extreme 8gig and haven't had any issues. Just make sure to format them in the camera and not on anything else. I average a little more than 500 images ( less than 600) in raw on each card with a d700.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the 8-gig SanDisk Extreme in my D3s. works great. I rarely shoot more than 100 images on an outing so not sure how many it takes to fill.

Most reactions

Back