Which do you like?

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just getting your thoughts on this junk shot.

oldcar.jpg

oldcarbw.jpg

I say the color adds something to this shot. Being able to see that rust really give it some age. Although, the bw feels like it can be improved to make it really jump off the page also. My vote is for the color tho. I really like the composition also.

I prefer the black and white one myself. :D :D

The color one looks very washed out to me, like it was shot in the middle of the day or something.

I think the color shot would be ace, if it was shot at sunset or sunrise, to add warm and depth to the rust. If you did that, i think the color would be better. Does that make sense???

I agree that the colour shot is lacking a little. The whole thing is too bright. I prefer the B&W shot but i would probably tweak the levels or curves in PS to darken it a little and also crop the bottom tuft of grass out.
Good choice of subject though and if you still have access to it i would devote a bit of time to playing around with it at different times of the day and also things like cloudy/stormy days etc

maybe bring your right cropline in just past the beginning of the chrome going right to left. i.e. crop out the partial headlight cavity on the right.

the first pic took a while for me to load. all i could see for a while was a psychadelic array of rusty blue :D

This one is a real hard call. I generelly prefere Black and white for these shots but b/w dosen't show the decay the way the color does, plus i like the rust color.and faded blue. hummm at this moment i am drawn to the color picture....but serpia could change my mind

I prefer the colour, it shows the rust nicely. I think that the Black and White photo looks very plain and bland in comparison to the colour photo.

Hmm...this might be a nice shot to do in about 30-40% color. Enough to keep the rust color but fade to an older photo look.

If I had to pick one thing to photograph, it would be old abandoned vehicles. I have problems with the rust being too red and throwing off the color in the rest of the picture. I think the picture would be better with a different point of view. Color or black white, the shot has to be different for each style. Confusing? Hard to explain, but I feel some angles work better for color and some work better for b&w.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back