Which do you prefer?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry, this will require a bit of scrolling horizontally ...

237563084.jpg

Do you feel this photo of my father-in-law, taken with some low sunlight falling into the room from the side, is meriting my attempts at HDR (the "wrong" sort, with 5 different exposures created out of the RAW file), or do you feel the "normal" PS adjustments help it well enough, too?

Oh, I am just realising that my descriptions underneath don't say that the fourth photo in row is a PSed version of the second RAW-file, i.e. the one that I stopped down.

It's tough...I prefer the 2nd to the right. The balance of shadows, the lack of hotspots.

#4 is my pick... I really like 5 as well, but seeing it next to the original it just feels "processed", if that makes any sense (?) [and you didn't ask--but I do love this shot...it just captures a sweetness about him :sillysmi:]

4 definatly, 1 and 2 have blown out highlights and the 3rd has too deep of shadow. The 5th one is too flat.

Ah, that is good to know!
So apparently not all photos with difficult light situations at once render themselves to a (false) HDR-creation, it seems.
The fourth photo was the one I planned to let stay as my final version, then I thought "How about a play with this in Photomatix" and created the last with the help of that programm and the fact that these are RAW.

But the stronger shadows in the fourth are better ... yes, actually I think so, too, but I wanted to ask how you all feel about that (false) HDR-version in comparison.

THANK YOU :D!

Hai Corinna,
I definetely like #5 as it is more clearly showing the expression and ofcourse the clear texture on the Sweater gives more life to the picture.
ravi.

#4 is the logical choice, but I would try with RAW with -1/-1,5 (so #3) and then playing with curves a bit.

Most reactions

Back