Which edit do you prefer?

qmr55

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.sl3designs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As the title states, the top edit is my original with just a little pp. The second one is a more in depth edit. What do you prefer?

36389559726_39e85d22a6_o.jpg

IMG_7203.JPG

Critique and criticism always welcome :)

What would it look like with the green de-saturated? Not sure if it would work but might. I think you either leave only the yellow or keep all the colours.

Both are decent. I saw Atomic Blonde...you NEED that aqua color on the word Atomic!

#1 has better color.

Number 1!!!

As I said in the other thread, I really like this shot. I feel like the panning worked well here and provides a unique look to a classic taxi. I tend to like the colors in the first, as I like the red before and after the taxi, and as @Derrel said, the aqua color of the word "Atomic" really helps to make that stand out. Good catch.

For the second image, I like that the contrast and whites are a bit higher, and that the blacks are a bit darker. The exposure of the sign seems evened out, which really helps it to pop! While I like the processing of the second, I feel like the desaturation of only certain colors provides a bit of imbalance to my eye. Would it be possible to strike a balance between the two images?

Both are decent. I saw Atomic Blonde...you NEED that aqua color on the word Atomic!

Agreed, after you mentioned it. Never even noticed it before!

As I said in the other thread, I really like this shot. I feel like the panning worked well here and provides a unique look to a classic taxi. I tend to like the colors in the first, as I like the red before and after the taxi, and as @Derrel said, the aqua color of the word "Atomic" really helps to make that stand out. Good catch.

For the second image, I like that the contrast and whites are a bit higher, and that the blacks are a bit darker. The exposure of the sign seems evened out, which really helps it to pop! While I like the processing of the second, I feel like the desaturation of only certain colors provides a bit of imbalance to my eye. Would it be possible to strike a balance between the two images?

Thanks for the solid feedback, I will have to see if I can bring some of the other colors out while keeping the high contrast feel of the second one without look "overly done".

That aqua color is actually used in the movie...

I vote for #1.
However.
I would clone away the eye attracting bright gaps in the background foliage, burn the background and locally sharpen the graphics on the sign and the taxi.
I would also crop away enough of a sliver at the bottom of the shot to get rid of that thin white line in the bottom left corner of the frame.

36389559726_39e85d22a6_oEdit.jpg

Viewing this on my computer, I noticed some things that I didn't see when I first viewed the images on my phone. For whatever reason, the taxi still looks a bit better to my eyes in the second shot (in the first shot, the front of the taxi feels too bright and overall less detailed) but I much prefer a more natural background as in the first shot.

As waday suggested, perhaps combine the two using some processing elements from the second while maintaining the overall color palette of the first?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back