Which Film SLR

Which cheap film SLR?

• Total voters

vxt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,

Since DSLRs are so painfully expensive I have decided to stop saving up and buy a good film SLR.

I was considering Canon Rebel 2000 (EOS 300 in UK, I think) but my plan got soured by one review on photo.net that its plastic lens mouth wears off in time. My friend baught a Nikon F75 (also named N75) but I don't want it because there is no manual ISO setting.

Here are the points to consider:

• 1. I had an SLR before so I'm not totally new at this. But I'm not really in the advanced stage either.

2. I need a camera that will last and have enough features for use even when I buy a more advanced camera.

3. It has to be cheap! :? because of obvious reasons.

4. Canon is prefered because of the vast options in lens.

5. Manual ISO a must, for creativity.
Thats about it. So if you have experience with a Rebel 2000 please tell me why you like/dislike it, and if it is a good choice. If not, then which one is?

I do not thing where are a lot of different between these two cameras. It maybe just be a mater of a few miner things, the Rebel 2000 is a discontinued modal it needs to be priced as clearance

This is the link to Canon
http://www.canoneos.com

I was planning on getting my wife an AF system for her birthday and have been looking at the N75 too. I don't like that you can't set the ISO manually but you can always program it to compensate so it isn't really a big issue. Then when I get myself a body, I'll get the N90 and we can share lenses.

Share? Camera equipment? Surely you jest!! :lol:

I think it's great that you and your wife share a hobby/passion. :wink:

Jim

I have a Rebel Ti and really like it! It does have a metal lens mount, which the Rebel 2000 does not. Also, the data screen is very large and easy to see on the back of the camera instead of the top.

Canon EOS 3000 comes with 35-80mm zoom, has full auto and full manual with all the options in between. Got mine here in the UK for about £220 about 18 months ago, best money I've ever spent. Now looking for a fast 50mm lens for it for low light stage photography.
Have fun.

Most reactions

Back