Which flash should I buy?

ecphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My 430ex ii finally sold on eBay, so I can order my Nikon flash now.

I've settled between the Yongnuo YN-565ex, YN-568ex ii and the Meike MK-910.
I'm liking the 565 for the power port and the 568 for the HSS.
The Meike seems to be more full featured, but I'm not sure about the quality. I'm going to use it for TTL and hopefully off camera.

I am kind of in the same boat right now, except deciding about my next flash, not first. Why that makes a difference is because I think I will wind up with the YN565 because of the external battery pack I have and can use with it. I have the SB600 so I can already do HSS which was nice draw about the 568. Having the additional battery pack is pretty imprtant to me for shooting wedding receptions.

The Meike 910 does seem like a great option. I already have a Yongnuo (560-II) so it helps me trust them a little more and recently picked up the Yongnuo 622n transceivers. So I guess I will keep going with Yongnuo.

If it were my first flash and I didn't have HSS, I probably would got with the 568 or 910. But since I have that covered, I can save some $$ with the 565.

I literally broke down ​and bought the Nikon SB 910.....

I love my SB600's... I realize they don't really sell new anymore, but I'd try and stick to OEM if you can. The SB700 is supposedly pretty awesome, so hopefully someone will chime in with more info.

Jake

I love my SB600's... I realize they don't really sell new anymore, but I'd try and stick to OEM if you can. The SB700 is supposedly pretty awesome, so hopefully someone will chime in with more info.

Jake

I literally broke down ​and bought the Nikon SB 910.....

I know Nikon original gear is always better. Sadly I can't really afford it right now. I ended up ordering a YN-565 for 98 on eBay after a coupon lol. If I save from now film Christmas I might be able to get a SB900.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back