which flower?

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here is a sequel to my 'which rose?' thread. I forgot what these are called though. so i just said 'which flower' :D .

here we go:

dry original
100_4457.jpg

wet
100_4464.jpg

gardening aftermath :)
100_4463.jpg

100_4462.jpg

yeah i know you arent supposed to have alot of pics for the critique section...im so bad about that. but they all are the same subject so i figured it was ok :)

Well, my personal choice will always fall on "wet", i.e. Photo 2 because I like the colour saturation in that one best, I like the water drops on the petals, and I like focus on only the flower and not much else. 3 + 4 are too busy for me, I don't really want to see the shovel in the background myself. But that is just me...

LaFoto said:
Well, my personal choice will always fall on "wet", i.e. Photo 2 because I like the colour saturation in that one best, I like the water drops on the petals, and I like focus on only the flower and not much else. 3 + 4 are too busy for me, I don't really want to see the shovel in the background myself. But that is just me...

Lafoto, you took the words right out of my...umm...keyboard? ;)

I like #2 the most based on it's composition with the flower taking up the majority of the frame. It the others there is too much going on in the background and my eye is totally distracted from the subject. My biggest gripe with #2 is that there's too much water collecting on the interior of the flower, as apposed to the petals, and it's making all the lucious details of the pollen in there just melt together.

I agree with the saturation comments about #2 (good job). But composition bugging me a little it is a bit to centered IMO.

I like composition of #s 3 & 4, I agree that the background is to busy. IMO the DOF need to be burlier

Most reactions

Back