which has the right colors??

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by prlaserbean, Oct 22, 2007.

1. prlaserbean

prlaserbean TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'd like to start by saying that I am by no means an expert at photoshop. I have been into photography for about 4 years now though.

This weekend I photographed an old friends wedding. After I downloaded them, I threw opened a few images on photoshop. I noticed that the pictures were varying slightly on photoshop from windows fax viewer. I have never had a problem like this before. I'm not sure which to trust more, photoshop, or the windows viewer. I'm assuming photoshop, since its a dedicated picture program (and a near perfect one at that). What can be done to parallel the colors?

Honestly, the colors look truer on the fax viewer. How do I change photoshop to read what I was seeing on the camera (adobe rgb)

2. prlaserbean

prlaserbean TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    ok, I figured it out... edit, color settings, and you choose from the menu for anyone else who might have this problem :)

If anyone else has something to add, feel free.

3. Flash Harry

Flash Harry TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Get your monitor calibrated and use the resulting profile in Photoshop, editing preferences will make the pics look right on screen but when printing/lab processing your colors could well be right off the mark. H