Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
karamed.jpg

karat.jpg

The second - she's radiant.

i agree but i think it's cut a bit too close on the right.

Hi Jon. I didn't cut it. This girl was a pro and quick as hell. I was having a hard time keeping up with her. The second picture is exactly as I took it, with no crop, color correction, anything.

That's why I put it up here though. I felt it was close too, but agree that she looks radiant in the second. What's a girl to do?????

The second one is great yo! SHe has more energy and definitely looks more natural. Great shot yo!

Zach :D

elsaspet said:
Hi Jon. I didn't cut it. This girl was a pro and quick as hell. I was having a hard time keeping up with her. The second picture is exactly as I took it, with no crop, color correction, anything.

That's why I put it up here though. I felt it was close too, but agree that she looks radiant in the second. What's a girl to do?????

all this said, i think you did a teriffic job capturing this beautiful person! :thumbsup:

Definatley the second, try a really tight crop of her eyes or face to make it seem that it was delibrately done so close.

I think the first would have been better if she was looking at the camera but under the circumstances you mentioned...

That second one is great... it just radiates ALIVE!! Also, I would try black and white saturating the colour more... I just love that when it comes to portraits!! Great work!

Excellent exposure. Obviously the model is not bad either. I am not sure if one is better than the other. They are different from each other. The distant look of the first frame keeps me guessing. The playfulness of the second shot makes me say "whoa; she is definitely a model". What were your intentions during this shoot?

yeah i really like the second one better too. it depends on what you might be using this picture for. wait actually, it doesnt matter, because the second one is pretty much universally better. not that the first one is bad, but her smile is just...wow. its good to have in the picture. that is a beautiful model.

2nd shot is too good, the girl looks charming and natural. I think both are actually equally good. The smile and expressions in 2nd make it feel better

craig said:
Excellent exposure. Obviously the model is not bad either. I am not sure if one is better than the other. They are different from each other. The distant look of the first frame keeps me guessing. The playfulness of the second shot makes me say "whoa; she is definitely a model". What were your intentions during this shoot?

Well, I've never really taken the time to get into photographing people. I am more into animal photography. However I really enjoyed doing it. I guess it was just a self imposed learning assignment. I just wanted to expand.

thebeginning that is a beautiful model.[/QUOTE said:
I agree. She was just stunning. Being another woman and having been in the industry a LONG time ago myself, we kinda hit it off and I think that was part of the luck I had going in this shot.

Can you believe that she says she is having a hard time finding a nitch in fashion photography? That is what she wanted me to express in these photos. Hell, she's a natural! I can't believe people aren't knocking her door down.

She was a super person as well, so I really want these to be what she is looking for in her book. I'm going to try Alison's suggestion on the cropping as well as black and white.

I've also done a tad bit of photoshopping, so I will put that up here as well.
Did I mention there is also a contest involved? :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back