Which is better?

Nannii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
For thouse who have a Nikon D70 i have a question
in your opinion which lens out of the two is better
the Nikon 50mm f1.4 D AF or theNikon 50mm f1.8

I have not used the 1.8... I got the 1.4 because I can DO BOTh levels with this one..

The 1.4 is better. It is better built, etc.

Now, the question is, is it really going to make a difference for you? It may not. I used to swear by my 50 mm/1.4 and now it doesn't like my D2X. Nikon themselves say that the D2X is too advanced for the 50 mm/1.4, go figure! lol! :) The 1.4 worked great on my D70 though.

If you are a hobbiest, go for the 1.8, and put the rest of your money toward another lens :)

well the 2 lenses are the ones that are in my budget at the moment
so im thinking ether i spend all my money and get a good lens being the 1.4
or do i save that little bit of money and get the 1.8 ...

I want to get the best results i can .. and there is no one i know that has ether of the lenses so i could try them out and see for my self .. so I'm relying on what people tell me ..

In theory, the F1.4 is a tiny bit better - it's one more stop for letting in light faster and may be a touch sharper, but not much. The 50mm f/1.8 is one of the best bargains in the entire lineup - it's sharper than basically any other sub-$1300 lens.

I would (and did) get the 1.8, unless you're shooting in conditions where you really need every single last bit of speed, the difference is only half a stop and so you'll probably never notice it.

And for the difference in price I dont think there's enough difference in lens.

if money isnt that important and you can easily save up again..... i would go with the 1.4..... but if like me, you dont have alot to keep spending on your camera equipment, get the 1.8......

Personally i think unless your a professional or VERY fussy about your images, you wont notice the difference...... but like Markc says..... the 1.4 has better bokeh...... thats about it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back