Which is more fun Sports or Portraits?

Thanks Frank I appreciate hearing that. As Runnah said the 300 / 2.8 lens really benefits from a monopod. Same with the 200mm F2 lens it really,really needs a monopod. I can see why you and chuasam are so enthused with Nikon's new 105mm f/1.4: hugely defocused backgrounds, but no need for a 7-pound 300 or 200mm optic!

Thanks Frank I appreciate hearing that. As Runnah said the 300 / 2.8 lens really benefits from a monopod. Same with the 200mm F2 lens it really,really needs a monopod. I can see why you and chuasam are so enthused with Nikon's new 105mm f/1.4: hugely defocused backgrounds, but no need for a 7-pound 300 or 200mm optic!

Absolutely. The 105E is something else, something very special. Heavy but not heavy for what it is. Expensive but not expensive for what it is. I always loved the 2/200 is a HUGE performer but nothing I haul around every day. Same with the 4/300PF. Its 750g are not prohibitive. I just have it in the bag or on the camera. This is important. For me st least.

I'm a portrait photographer and my GF is a sports photographer.
Mine daily lens is the 105mm f/1.4E and hers is the 300mm f/2.8 VR II
We've tried swapping and it doesn't work.

Thank you everyone for your input. I will keep shooting and will find out which I like more between sports or portraits. The reason that I like 200 f/2 because of beautiful bokeh that separated background and the subject same as 300mm f2.8 for sports. Thank yo again everyone. My first fisheye 8-15mm f/4 should be here Thursday and hope to have fun with this lens on the weekend.

Congrats, in the mean time, you should get that 50mm out and try some portrait work with it on your FF camera. My copy of that lens is really good for some of that (albeit on my crop 7DmkII)

Congrats, in the mean time, you should get that 50mm out and try some portrait work with it on your FF camera. My copy of that lens is really good for some of that (albeit on my crop 7DmkII)

Thank you. Will do.

Thank you chuasam.

Thats a very subjective question.

For me definitely portraiture. Sports is just work, really. Artisanry. While portraiture can be art.

Most reactions

Back