Which lens did he used the most?

TonyUSA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First of all, I am not really interest in portraits until now. After accidentally went into his page, I have to say WOW and I really want to get into portraits too. I just love every single photos of his. This guy is amazing. He must been in the photo business for years.

My question is... wondering if you can guess or know which lens did he used the most as you can see from his photos from link below.

Георгий Чернядьев (Georgy Chernyadyev)

Thank you,

Last edited:
Lens choice is driven largely by the camera. And the format.

My guess is the 35mm SLR/full frame DSLR equivelant of 35-150mm.

Maybe a 24-70 f/2.8 Some of the DoF is pretty shallow. What really makes these portraits is the lighting.

Great pictures, if you want to get this type of pictures you can get them even with a Nikon D3300 and 50mm 1.8G lens or Canon T3i.
The magic isn't the equipment but the skills of the photographer.
Get the right skills and you will be able to get these quality of pictures with the equipment you already have.

To add to whats already been mentioned you find beautiful women to take pictures of. Funny how beautiful people tend to make beautiful pictures.

To add to whats already been mentioned you find beautiful women to take pictures of. Funny how beautiful people tend to make beautiful pictures.

Strange. I've always thought it was the photographer that made beautiful pictures. :biggrin-93:

Thank you everyone for your help.

I am 100% agree on that. That was I was thinking before if I start doing portraits I should find beautiful women but how can I find those beautiful women????? HaHaHa

I contacted him on the FB and his reply was he used 35mm most of his pictures. And I also asked him what brand of his light he used, his reply was natural light. But many photos were took in the room but I guess that was one of his secret.

He shoots a lot of horizontal shots and not a long focal length as a lot have backgrounds that are recognizable (gives a sense of place).

Also look at his youtube videos - you will see all are shot with natural light and check out the Before and After where you can see lightens the subject and often keeps the background a bit darker; and crops in when he does want a tighter shot.

He shoots a lot of horizontal shots and not a long focal length as a lot have backgrounds that are recognizable (gives a sense of place).

Thank you. I learned new thing again today. I didn't even pay attention to the background.

I guess if I like this type of portraits then I should do 35mm f/1.4L before 85mm f/1.2L since both lens are the same price. Am I in the right direction to get 35mm? Please advise.

Well, at first I was planing to buy Canon 200mm f/2 in two weeks when I am visiting Japan because I just love bokeh of them. After that I want 135mm(will put 135mm on hold as suggested from Derrel) and then I want 35mm now. I think I am just crazy.

Anyone please advise......... Specially Derrel, where are you... Need your advise please.

That is exactly what I noticed in man y of his shots, the ANGLE OF VIEW behind the model is quite wide, and in many cases, objects in the background are physically small. Makes me think that 35mm and 50mm lenses are used quite often.

Lenses in the 35-45-50-58-60mm range are actually useful. Among some people, a 50mm lens on 243x36 is considered a verymvery short telephoto, and 28mm is the "normal" lens length.

Oh, and keep in mind that no matter what lens he uses, he never shoots a woman over 25, and he shops the chit out of every image. This type of eye candy, erotica generates loooooads of Likes on the aggregator sites.

Advice: you just got a bunch of new gear, so learn it, get familiar with it, and put new lens buys on hold. get familiar with all that you own right now, for a few months at least. Looking at the above guy's work, you can see that GOOD pictures can be made with a number of different lenses. The 200mm f/2 and 134/2 blown-out background look that tou might see in Japan is diufferent from this type of Russsian Storytelling Picture work which is now growing in popularity.

This guy uses SHORT focal lengths most of the time, and as Dave mentioned, his pictures convey a sense of place. His photos could be made with relatively inexpensive lenses; his work is built on pretty, semi-clothed, young Russian models, and a TON of post work on the images. This is very different from the bokeh-in-isolation style of the SE Asia and Japan markets...this is the new "Russian" way to photograph and Photoshop women. The lens is only a part of this look. He has this style down pat,and it is much moe than just the lens.

Last edited:
Thank you Derrel and everyone here. You guys are amazing and I have learned new thing from you guys every day and hope some day I will be better and will pass the knowledge to other.

After accidentally went into his page, I have to say WOW and I really want to get into portraits too.
Yeah, pretty to look at. But those are run of the mill portrait shots as you can get them from many people.

Strange. I've always thought it was the photographer that made beautiful pictures. :biggrin-93:

No. He only presses the shutter. :p

I want to move to Russia.
Meh. All places in the world have beautiful women. Though I would love to move to Ireland for the redheads. :586:

a famous soon to be President has done similar things ...
You might look up the differences between "famous" and "infamous". :p

Most reactions

Back