Which lens would you pack?

Becky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm going to Amsterdam in just over a week and as much as I'd love to take all my kit, I know this is not wise!

Ideally I plan to take my 350D with one lens, and my Ixus 700.

Which lens should I take.... 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 or 50mm f1.4

I know realistically I should take the 28-105 for the range of lengths... but I just love the little prime to bits...but at the end of the day I'll be snapping from people to landscapey type shots...

Oh someone tell me what to do :(

I hate to say it, but I am going to throw my vote in for 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 . Just wouldn't want to regret having that extra leeway both ways.

I was waiting for that.... I'd rather take one, since I'll have to carry this stuff about all day. Not keen on leaving anything in my hostelboat haha...

But we shall see...heck I'll take the 100-400 L as well ;)

Why not get a bag that stores em all, to be honest if your carrying one then you may as well have two with a bag thats decent. ;)

Yeah Becky id be inclined to take them all..
But I wouldnt let that gear leave my side..
Seems like you have an impressive range of gear now.. Well done..

If it were me, I'd take the 50, but that's because of the pictures I tend to like to do. If you are looking to do a number of landscapes, the zoom will probably be your friend. If you can sneak room for the 50 also, all the better. The 100-400 would be last on my list.

How heavy is the 50m f/1.4? The f/1.8 is a tiny feather-weight in comparision to the 28-105 and wouldn't really add much weight. Something to consider is if you are shooting inside at all, f/1.4 would have a huge advantage over f/3.5.
Just use the one you are the most comfortable with.

I would say leave your 100-400 @ home

take your Prime and your 28-105 get a small holster bag Kinda like this one
955720979.gif

Granted my bag like this is a minolta bag
When I take my 7D out with just my 28mm and my 35-70 it fits both rather well there is a cargo net in the top of mine which houses the lens that i'm not using at the time and my little Cybershot perfectly along with my extra battery and CF cards
that's just my 2 lincolns

hope it helps

Thanks for all the replies... I have a couple of Crumpler bags already, the first is a small one and the second is a large backpack which stores the everything photographic that I own...

150_1110806730benspizza.jpg
B0007TBJMW.02.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

I was hoping to buy something smallish that would hold my camera and have enough space for carrying around whatever I might need all day, so my small one is too small, and the backpack is huge on my little back and impractical for lugging around all day.

But I guess maybe I could take both lenses, the 50mm is only small :er:... you buggers I knew you'd persuade me!

not for nothing but a 50mm does not take up much space. You can practicially put it in your shirt pocket. Why not bring both. I could see if having more of an issue with you have some other lenses listed her for your choice but a 50mm is so small, I'd bring both. You will want that for some night shots.

Becky said:
I'm going to Amsterdam in just over a week and as much as I'd love to take all my kit, I know this is not wise!

Ideally I plan to take my 350D with one lens, and my Ixus 700.

Which lens should I take.... 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 or 50mm f1.4

I know realistically I should take the 28-105 for the range of lengths... but I just love the little prime to bits...but at the end of the day I'll be snapping from people to landscapey type shots...

Oh someone tell me what to do :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back