Which Lense to use for Real Estate Photography with a Sony A77

ksunshiner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone I've been using my A77 for a couple of months now and I'm very happy with the results, It was for me the best option at the time because I wanted a camera that would be an investment but still affordable and good enough to allow me to improve my learning curve without having to change it in a short period of time.

I have been doing everything with it but I do want to specialize and dedicate my work to Real Estate Photography and I know I need a wide lens to shoot those pictures.

I went to the local dealer and they have a Sony Wide Angle lens but it's too expensive, I have been reading and trying to figure out what other wide angle lenses I could use for the A77.

I will be in LA, next month so I want to buy it there too because here the prices of every single peace of equipment are twice as expensive.

Any advice on the more appropriate lens I can use?

So far the options I found are:

[h=1]Sony DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 Aspherical ED Super Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Sony Alpha Digital SLR Camera[/h]
[h=1]Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle Lens for Sony Alpha Digital SLR Camera[/h]
[h=1]Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM ELD SLD Aspherical Super Wide Angle Lens for Sony Digital SLR Cameras[/h]
[h=1]Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens[/h]
Thanks for your help!!

The sigma 10-20 f/3.5 is going to be the best of the bunch, with the 4-5.6 version coming in at a close second.

The 11-18 is a dog sh*t lens, it's just a rebranded Tamron

The 20mm would be a poor choice, your kit lens will be wider.

I would recommend the sigma too. I like the 3.5 but you dont need the extra aperture for what you are doing and could cheap out and get the 4-5.6 and just use a tripod and longer exposure.

Although I would recommend the sigma 10mm to 20mm 3.5 as well, I would make use of the various in-camera HDR modes on your A77 when you have windows and outside views in your interior shots as well as sweep panorama to use in virtual tours which are common in more expensive real estate shooting.

skieur

Hi, everyone! thank you so much for your replies! It's been really helpful! I'm going to go with the sigma you recommended :D Hope I can upload some pics by november and see what you think :D

There is the Sigma 8-16mm I think it is the widest lens on the market. I may stand corrected. I have it and it is a great lens. It needs stopped down for sharp corners. But that's with all wides.

There is the Sigma 8-16mm I think it is the widest lens on the market. I may stand corrected. I have it and it is a great lens. It needs stopped down for sharp corners. But that's with all wides.

So, how do you handle the distortion?

skieur

Most reactions

Back