Which Logo works?

so far this one has been my favourite :) something doesnt sit right with the Z though, maybe make it a little taller above the en and it may be better.
also, i would move the swirly bit up a bit, and cut off lots of the black on the left. just my 2p :)

hmm I kinda like that 2.. MAybe I'll use a diff font for the Z since it does look a little funny

Yeah, the Z looks a little funny to me too. I think it's because I just extended the bottom horizontal portion of it, so now it's unbalanced. Play around with fonts and see what you like! Think of what message you're trying to get across and choose a font that displays that.

For example, I associate elegance with handwriting/script, strength with heavy blocked sans serif fonts, etc.

I'd say use a photo. That design is pretty and all, but it doesn't promote your credibility as a photographer in any way.

I strongly agree... a logo is not a place to be all cutesy... it's a place you should put your VERY BEST PHOTOGRAPH so hundreds/thousands of people will see it. A cutesy design is not going to get people through your door... a great photograph will.

I strongly agree... a logo is not a place to be all cutesy... it's a place you should put your VERY BEST PHOTOGRAPH so hundreds/thousands of people will see it. A cutesy design is not going to get people through your door... a great photograph will.

I don't typically see pictures in a logo... My business card and website will showcase my photos. Is there something Im missing? Is there any examples out there where a picture is on your logo? I really want to know... I just found out that its better to name your business your name.. Ex : jane doe photography.... I wish I did my homework..

Jim do you have any examples?

I don't typically see pictures in a logo...
Zen:

That's because the (often misguided) web designer mentality has taken over the world. When you're marketing your business, too many people try and be clever... but that often isn't the same as doing what sells. Most photographers don't use pictures in their logo... which simply goes against common sense, since they're photographers.

Since your logo will appear everywhere, it is the perfect place to showcase your photography talent, not your graphic design talent.

Check out Joe Dombrowski's signature -- this is sort of what I'm talking about:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/member.php?u=4619

Zen:

That's because the (often misguided) web designer mentality has taken over the world. When you're marketing your business, too many people try and be clever... but that often isn't the same as doing what sells. Most photographers don't use pictures in their logo... which simply goes against common sense, since they're photographers.

Since your logo will appear everywhere, it is the perfect place to showcase your photography talent, not your graphic design talent.

Thanks Jim.. I see what you mean. I appreciate your comments.. I have learned so much from all of you. I cant put into words how I appreciate the comments... Bad, Good, indifferent... Doesnt matter. I appreciate it. With every bad critique I get... I get better...

Zen:

I might be arguing semantics, but I see that example as a banner, or a form or advertising - not as a 'logo'. Just me though.

I might be arguing semantics, but I see that example as a banner, or a form or advertising - not as a 'logo'.

I suppose that's true, in some cases... but why not modify the banner into a logo?

My basic point here is... in Zen's case, if she replaces the artsy sun graphic with an artsy photograph, her logo will be stronger.

I suppose that's true, in some cases... but why not modify the banner into a logo?

My basic point here is... in Zen's case, if she replaces the artsy sun graphic with an artsy photograph, her logo will be stronger.

hmmmmm.. let me try that and repost tommorow... Let me know which one works... I have the perfect photo

Ok Jim...

Heres another logo with a picture. What do you think? Its late I hope someone gets this. I would hate to start a new thread. I appreciate the help.

ryleezenlogopd6.jpg

Ok Jim...

Heres another logo with a picture. What do you think? Its late I hope someone gets this. I would hate to start a new thread. I appreciate the help.

ryleezenlogopd6.jpg
stick with the flower ... problem with photos is that they stereotype ... so here one would think all you shoot are kids.

I like the photography as an extension of the Z ... move the Zen to the left so its the first think people read and the flower to the right half (or so) in the box half (or so) out of the box.

Gary

Most reactions

Back