Which looks best?

sthvtsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Gray or color? for.. Tigeress. And any suggestions on how to edit it to make it look better?

Tigeress.jpg

Tigeressgray.jpg

I like the black and white because of the color cast in the first one. I did a quick edit in PS just to see what could be done in the first one.

(again, I hope you don't mind the edit, just keep in mind that it is rough)
Tigeress_edit.jpg

I can't get over how much better it looks! I'm definately gunna practice Adobe more. =P Is that what you used?

yeah, i'll lay out the steps i used.

I made 3 new BLANK layers...
1-lips
2-tiger
3-sheet

I picked a color for each and painted over the original on the layer I assigned for that particular object.

I feathered the edges of each new layer and the cut down the opacity to somewhere around %40-60 for each. Then I played around with the different blending modes to get the effect I wanted.

There are actually much better ways to do it, but that just took me a couple of minutes..

Oh forgot to mention the first step I took was running it through Noisware Pro.......

I like the camera position and the pose. The lighting (as far as I can ascertain) is pretty good. I think I can see modeling on her left side. I'm not a fan of noise or grain (either natural or post-enduced). I think you have high potential as a pro photographer.

midnitejam said:
I like the camera position and the pose. The lighting (as far as I can ascertain) is pretty good. I think I can see modeling on her left side. I'm not a fan of noise or grain (either natural or post-enduced). I think you have high potential as a pro photographer.

Thank you, a lot. I hope I succeed. :D

midnitejam said:
I think I can see modeling on her left side. I'm not a fan of noise or grain (either natural or post-enduced).

I think her camera is 1mp or less, thus the reason for the grain. I don't think she added any in on purpose. I ran it through noiseware to KILL the noise, but there was so little information there to begin with, it looks like everything has been smudged around in my edit.

of the first two, I like the b&w version much more (including the noise/grain!).

I also like the edited version ... abit oversaturated, almost a bit surreal.

nice model by the way :)

Alex_B said:
of the first two, I like the b&w version much more (including the noise/grain!).

I also like the edited version ... abit oversaturated, almost a bit surreal.

nice model by the way :)

Ohhh thanks, I modelled for myself. =P

you did a good job. Too bad about the grain, but the composition is good, I like the feel these pictures have. And your modelling is also good.
The edit really brings out the potential of this picture.

Keep it up!

pascal

Thank you, thank you, Puscas. :D!

Hi,

I liked the composition and the light very much. You should grab a better camera and keep shooting :) Both options would be worth watching for me..

Ohh thanks! =) And yeah.. cannot wait to get a better camera. =P

Most reactions

Back