Which of these should be in my portfolio....

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So here are the latest pictures from my last shoot. I would like to add one or two to my portfolio, but I seem to be notoriously bad at picking my own work!

Here are the images, sorry so many, but help me pick the BEST!

DSC_0080e.jpg

DSC_0142e.jpg

DSC_0175e.JPG

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0208e.JPG

DSC_0234e.jpg

DSC_0260.JPG

DSC_0304.JPG

DSC_0311.JPG

DSC_0330.JPG

DSC_0372.JPG

DSC_0424.JPG

DSC_0428.JPG

DSC_0501.JPG

DSC_0560.JPG

DSC_0578e2.jpg

You cut off her feet in so many of them...shame on you. ;)

I like #2 but only if you crop it and lighten her face. #7 is pretty good, but again, I think a slight crop would help it. I also like #3.

You cut off her feet in so many of them...shame on you. ;)

I like #2 but only if you crop it and lighten her face. #7 is pretty good, but again, I think a slight crop would help it. I also like #3.

is he really Rob Liefield in disguise?

god, i hope someone gets this joke

These are really nice shots and deserve a little effort in responding.

First, I am biased against 4 x 6 portraits of people. Inevitably they can be composed better in 4 x 5, leaving out excess space or cropping at better spots.

ignoring color and sharpness which all seem uniformly excellent.

IMO

1) great picture but feet cutoff
2) great picture but feet cutoff, face a little dull
3) great picture but feet cutoff
4) terrific keeper once you trim of the excess above her head.
5) great picture but feet cutoff, cropped to 4 x 5 and to her mid-thigh would be terrific
6) nice, too much on the bottom. What were you thinking about that shirt? the text completely destroys her image. Can you picture a mom saying, "well I want my daughter to look beautiful in a shirt that I wouldn't want to show to my friends, relatives or minister." PS out the first line.
7. great picture but hand cutoff. Crop tighter and make it better
8. vertical off, if straightened can be cropped nicely

9. too tight at the top, she looks oppressed by the margin.
10. quite nice a little dark in the shadows
11. Terrific everything
12. Just wonderful Crop to 4 x 5 removing the excess at the top
13 Just wonderful Crop to 4 x 5 removing the excess at the top
14. Little crushed at the top. a little darkish
15 Terrific everything
16 Quite nice - crop the top off.

Lew

These are really nice shots and deserve a little effort in responding.

First, I am biased against 4 x 6 portraits of people. Inevitably they can be composed better in 4 x 5, leaving out excess space or cropping at better spots.

ignoring color and sharpness which all seem uniformly excellent.

IMO

1) great picture but feet cutoff
2) great picture but feet cutoff, face a little dull
3) great picture but feet cutoff
4) terrific keeper once you trim of the excess above her head.
5) great picture but feet cutoff, cropped to 4 x 5 and to her mid-thigh would be terrific
6) nice, too much on the bottom. What were you thinking about that shirt? the text completely destroys her image. Can you picture a mom saying, "well I want my daughter to look beautiful in a shirt that I wouldn't want to show to my friends, relatives or minister." PS out the first line.
7. great picture but hand cutoff. Crop tighter and make it better
8. vertical off, if straightened can be cropped nicely

9. too tight at the top, she looks oppressed by the margin.
10. quite nice a little dark in the shadows
11. Terrific everything
12. Just wonderful Crop to 4 x 5 removing the excess at the top
13 Just wonderful Crop to 4 x 5 removing the excess at the top
14. Little crushed at the top. a little darkish
15 Terrific everything
16 Quite nice - crop the top off.

Lew

Wow thanks for all the help!

As for why the shirt contrasts for the image; the answer is I was shooting for the tshirt company. The model thought that with the wording it would be best to "girl it up" with the skirt and all that... so that's what we came up with. I sort of think the words are ironically funny.

As for all the feet being cut off... I stopped caring about that as much. Looking at advertisements in Magazines, I've taken a cue and decided to just keep the important parts.

Sometimes the photo is close, and I can attribute that to just plain ol laziness, or snapping the photo when the model was laughing and not being able to line up perfectlty.

Thanks again, I'll take all this into consideration.

Wow thanks for all the help!

As for why the shirt contrasts for the image; the answer is I was shooting for the tshirt company. The model thought that with the wording it would be best to "girl it up" with the skirt and all that... so that's what we came up with. I sort of think the words are ironically funny.

Well, if these were for the t-shirt company, they are really terrific, ad quality.
Ignore what I said about the logo.

congrats,

Lew

Well, if these were for the t-shirt company, they are really terrific, ad quality.
Ignore what I said about the logo.

congrats,

Lew

Yeah I guess I should've explained a bit more. These are for the company, but I like to try to put the more artistic ones in my portfolio... something that blends between "Commercial Ad" and "Lifestyle Photo".

#3 but I think it would be even better if it was cropped

i don't think you should stop caring about feet cut off. If you crop wrong you give the person cankles and no one wants a cankle!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back