Which of these should I go for?

djdelarosa25

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,

I'm looking to buy my first camera since I want to make photography my hobby. I will also use it to film videos as projects for school. As I'm not gonna change my lens, I thought that compact cameras should be the place where I should look at. The LX100 fits my budget here in the Philippines. Should I go for it? The main disadvantage for me is the lack of a tilting screen and built-in flash The GX85 remedies this issue, but I couldn't find prices for it in my country online. I still have to travel to Manila to have a loot at store pricing.

Other cameras that fit my budget are the Canon 700D, Nikon D5300, Nikon D5500, and the Sony A5100 (though the lack of an EVF is a bit of a dealbreaker).

The cameras that are a bit out of reach for my budget are the Sony A6000 and the Olympus OM-D M-10. If could convince my mom to stretch the budget a bit more, should I go for one of the two? However, I'm inclined on spending the least amount of money possible, so if the lower priced cameras offer better value, I'll go with them.

I'm also looking at the G7, though same as the GX85, the pricing is unavailable online. I have to go to Manila which is a 12 hour drive away to look at the prices.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Look at buying used to stretch those budget dollars.

Maybe you can located a good deal on a Nikon D5300 camera and 18-55mm VR zoom lens, maybe from one of the retail giants, like Best Buy, Target, Walmart, or B&H Photo, or Adorama??? Buying a brand-new Nikon that ius one or two model generations behind the latest and greatest has been a proven way to get a great camera, at a great price, for some time now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back