Which one is better

Icicle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I enjoy taking photos at night and the other night I noticed that our local pd was watching me, so I grab a couple of shots same car same lens but I added a 2x doubler to the second shot.
The first picture was taken with the following times and f-stops
0"4 f5.6 iso 1600
Lens was set a 300mm

The second one was 3"2 f5.6 iso 1600
This one was with a 2x doubler so would of been 600mm
The camera is a canon rebal XT, the lens Quantaray 70-300mm LDO.
Fell free to pick apart.
IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Thank you for looking

Of the two, I would say the first one if you could somehow get rid of the sign in the foreground.

they are both very blurry, the second image is blurrier though.

Also, the second image is overexposed a bit.

why would you take a picture of a cop while he is looking in your direction hahaha

but they are both very blury, the second one is a lot worse and the first one is still blury and has that huge sign in the front,

so i dont know if i could choose

I would go with the first one too. Perhaps you can crop out the sign but keep the same image ratio.

im having a hard time finding the focal area of either pic...were these taken hand held?...if so that explains the blur

I can see it now Tripod + heavy lens + Heavy wind= blury pictures.
sorry.

oh, no apologies needed man...i was just wondering iff these were handheld

i wonder what that cop thought you were up to...lol

why would you take a picture of a cop while he is looking in your direction hahaha

but they are both very blury, the second one is a lot worse and the first one is still blury and has that huge sign in the front,

so i dont know if i could choose
The sign I didn't notice untill I posted on here.
oh, no apologies needed man...i was just wondering iff these were handheld

i wonder what that cop thought you were up to...lol

I don't know, I wonder if he even knew I too his picture.

For one, with the 2x doubler your 300mm f/5.6 just became a 600mm f/11. Ya, really. Something to think about.

They're both blurry and have horrible purple fringing. Honestly I would have deleted both of them. Sorry.

Like everyone else has said - I'd go with the first one. Wonder what the cop was thinking!

For one, with the 2x doubler your 300mm f/5.6 just became a 600mm f/11. Ya, really. Something to think about.

They're both blurry and have horrible purple fringing. Honestly I would have deleted both of them. Sorry.
Thank you, I just learned some thing.
I was never told that it also doubles the f. stop too.

Most reactions

Back