"" WHICH ONE WORKS ?? "

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a Scene from the 1840 Era.... Although it says B+W due to the time period, I also feel the color brings this scene to Life....

Its almost like a natural view in B+W which portrays the period in time, but the color also shows how time views' it now...

Its almost to me like a re coloring of an old classic Movie, some liked the ole Film untouched, left alone, while others prefer the re-do...

Soooooo which do you prefer??

and any and all Critique on the photos welcome, Let it Rip!

stonehouseandbarnbw.jpg

stonehouseandbarn.jpg

I prefer the B&W, but the colors are beautiful in the second also. You always take GREAT photos, an this is just another example.

aammoore.... Thanks so much!! I got a feeling that the b+W might prevail, due to the era of this scene,,, the color, as I said however, just brings it to life... kind of like the Wizard of Oz movie... When the house came down, and Dorthy opened that door, and the drab B+W came to color!! and by the way, with this reply from you, I've decided to up your checks in the mail lol !!

i think they would be better with a solid border instead of the gradient.

i prefer the second edit.

I hear ya mike... will give that a look, and thanks for commenting... Looks like we are at a 50/50 point now....

It's the seond one for me, and just for the record I LOVED The Wizard of Oz......

aammoore.... Thanks so much!! I got a feeling that the b+W might prevail, due to the era of this scene,,, the color, as I said however, just brings it to life... kind of like the Wizard of Oz movie... When the house came down, and Dorthy opened that door, and the drab B+W came to color!! and by the way, with this reply from you, I've decided to up your checks in the mail lol !!

lol

I think the B&W looks better because there is so much punch in the green and yellow's of the color taken some of the focus away

and Color in the lead 4 to 3....lol....

Kruger....Thanks..... hmmmm not sold on the re=makes of movies either 50/50

Iamme.... Thanks, and ya know , to this day I still watch parts or all of the Oz
Classic every year myself... just great memories,,,

mysteryscribe,,,,, Hey careful now lol... postcard/ calendars are us!!
Thanks for leaving a comment .... !

Holy Ghosted.... You could be right.... Thanks!

Tyson... I agree, but sometimes it's nice to see a B+W showing how times
were----> Hard Times ...

I really like them both. I think it depends what your going for... the black and white gives a somewhat eerie feeling (maybe I've been watching too many scary movies!), and the color gives a beautiful peaceful feeling.

I can't pick! I like them both for very different reasons.

Like you said, the B&W gives it that circa 1800s feel. But the colors are so vibrant in the color photo - it just makes me happy and I want to go have a picnic there.

Guess I'm no help....

I like them both, however, I am leaning towards the b&w. In color I focus more on the grass and trees. In the black and white I see the details of the bricks and the lines in the wood. I love it. Great shot either way.

Most reactions

Back