Which one...........

Crazymainer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Took these on Sat. which one do you all like. I would like to use one of the images in an upcoming show.

File0178.jpg

File0173.jpg

Thanks Crazymainer

Are you shooting those through another plane's window? If so, is there a way to mount the camera outside?

Hi All,

No I'm not in a plane for this one I'm standing behind the P-51, to be more exact I'm on the Elevators about 6 inchs from the plane.

I have a special Filter that a friend made for me out of Av-Glass the main reason for this is because both of these planes throw out alot of Oil when they start up and I really don't want to ruin another $800 Lense.

I plan on PS the shot to clean it up some. Their are benifts of knowing the right guys, I can tell you that the Pilot of the P-47(first plane)ask the FAA guys to allow me to stay in the active area while things were running. :p

Cheers Crazymainer

I like the second one minus the engines that resemble an A-10 in front of the two aircraft. Anyway, I like the second one because I couldn't tell immediately in the first that there were two aircraft. Photoshop them a little and they'll look great.

bshearer said:
If I had not read the stuff about Jazz, I probably would of guessed some kind of darker music, maybe something a little classical, with a dark overtone... that is just what the images protray to me, Please dont take that the wrong way, cause I really do like these photos.
You were at a jazz club, so I would imagine the place would have some form of decoration on the wall, or maybe a bigger band section over to one side of the piano, that would lead me to come up to some other sumerization of the style of music that he plays. Not saying those things should of been in focus, but probably bokeh <sp> out but somthing to hint to his music style. Once again I really do like the images especially the last combination one.

what the heck is this guy talking about?

DOH!
I replied to the wrong topic I appologize

Can a mod please remove my comments.

Thanks

jonmikal said:
bshearer said:
If I had not read the stuff about Jazz, I probably would of guessed some kind of darker music, maybe something a little classical, with a dark overtone... that is just what the images protray to me, Please dont take that the wrong way, cause I really do like these photos.
You were at a jazz club, so I would imagine the place would have some form of decoration on the wall, or maybe a bigger band section over to one side of the piano, that would lead me to come up to some other sumerization of the style of music that he plays. Not saying those things should of been in focus, but probably bokeh <sp> out but somthing to hint to his music style. Once again I really do like the images especially the last combination one.

what the heck is this guy talking about?

I was just trying to be polite by ignoring it, but it looks like he's talking about another thread about the 20 bands at a 15 yr anniversary party at a coffeehouse, I don't know. lol

Heh heh...I'm gonna guess he had two windows open to TPF or something, and replied to the wrong one! I've donet that before!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of the comments,

If you all look at the two photos you will notice in the first one that the A-10 Jet way out front is on the right and in the second the Engine is on the Left.

I was walking right behind the p-51 to get these shot, I can tell you that the Prop Wash off of both of them felt like 45MPH winds made taken the photos interesting to say the least.

I think I'm going to PS both and see which one I like and then go from their.

Cheers RR

Nagala said:
Are you shooting those through another plane's window? If so, is there a way to mount the camera outside?

Nagala,

Both Eric and I do alot of Air to Air stuff and to mount any type of SLR outside would be a major task. first you need to build the housing then a proper mont that the FAA will allow on the aircraft. That is even if they let you.

Also remember prop wash kicks up all sorts of nasty little things like rocks great for the lense, also how would you focas and shot not with a remote would work.

Cheers Crazymainer

Most reactions

New Topics

Back