Which one

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to enter a pic of our cat in a pet contest & am having trouble deciding which of these two pics to use.

IMG_1772sm.jpg

IMG_1785sm.jpg

#1 has a cluttered background & in #2 she has grunge in the corner of her eye.

What say you folks?

First I think both of them are very nice.

I think #1 has a much better picture of her face. In #2 the focus seems a little soft.

If you could sharpen 2 a bit and increase the contrast maybe?

The only thing I don't like about 1 is the white fur under her face is a tad blown out.

Cute kitty!

Seems to me the "Grunge" would be simple enough to fix in PS (or whatever), with a bit of cloning or healing tool. I really really do not care for pet photos, but I would go for number 2 with the fix mentioned.

Don't get me wrong, I love pets... I have a pup of my own. It's just a hangup of mine that one of the first things people shoot when they get a new camera are pet photos. To me they all start to look alike. Really, don't get me wrong, it's just one of those things.

I'd also remove the grunge by the eye in photo shop and go with # 2 because you can see all of her in #2. Beautiful cat.

Thanks for your help folks. I was able to get rid of the grunge with my free software PhotoScape, to my surprise, using the "mole" tool. Here is the revised pic.

IMG_1785-Copy.jpg

I think the "eye gunk" looks much worse in your edit actually ;)

What about this?
cat.jpg

I do believe the correction made to the grunge was too sharp and looks strange. The softening by Breanna seems to have fixed it. Regarding your question. I like the composition of #2 much better than #1 (#1 too busy), however, #2 is quite soft on the face as opposed to #1 which is nice and sharp. So, give n take I suppose. Pretty cat!

Most reactions

Back