Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which one of these is better and why?

#1:
3267-trolly.jpg

3267-neg.jpg

Thanks for your oppinion! :)
-Chris

definitely the second one. just the subtle change puts so much more emphasis on the main subject.

Chrisy Chrisy Chrisy, tell me you thought you were in the general gallery ;) if you can't, i'll be happy to provide you a link to the 'guidelines' page.

JonMikal said:
Chrisy Chrisy Chrisy, tell me you thought you were in the general gallery ;) if you can't, i'll be happy to provide you a link to the 'guidelines' page.
Critique: A critical discussion of a specified topic.

no, actually I put it in the Critique gallery because I wanted some actual Critique as to which one is better, and why...
I knew where I was Jon... :p

then tell us which one you like best and why or what you may be struggling with. also, for the readers benefit, explain how you achieved this look.

JonMikal said:
then tell us which one you like best and why or what you may be struggleing with. also, for the readers info, explain how you achieved this look.
Very well.
I chose to re-do from the #2 because I felt that the Trolly was a bit washed out and needed to be exposed more (even if that meant more grain)
I also tinted it green(slightly) so it would break it up a bit and bring out darks and make it look like it has more deapth.
I removed a few of the annoying scanner marks (IE. the little strings in the rear window and in the middle of the sky directly to the right of the Trolly)
Also, I made it larger(not that it matters for the look necessarily) so I could print it later on instead of only having it websized.

The way I got the look was purely photoshop.
I started out by scanning the film Negative on a normal flatbed scanner at a very high res. (since the image is so small) I scanned it with the top down on top of it like you would a normal image.
Then I took it into photoshop... inverted the colors(making the negative positive) and went on desaturating it and burning/dodging where it needed.

Hopefully that explained it well enough.

Now, all I would like to know is:
Which do you think is better for this older look?
Do you think I should still work on the #1 to make it more washed out?
Any thoughts are welcome! :)

Thanks.

I like the second...there's something more eerie and old and moody about it that I find really appealing.

Most reactions

Back