Which one?

brighteyesphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brighteyesphotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm working on editing down for my series for display. Please keep in mind, these are scanned from the negatives, no tweaking or editing. I wanted to keep them on my computer in their original form as much as I can for my own purposes. The final prints will be better. I am focusing more on the composition and the story the picture tells.

For these four, it's a firefighter's boot left at a scene where a fire had destroyed the place (well the inside anyways, the outer walls are still standing for now). Which of the 4 speaks to you more? I do have my favorite but I'm looking to gauge the audience's reaction.

LostSoles071.jpg

LostSoles070.jpg

(in the print I have made, the boot is not so "hot" and more detail is seen)

LostSoles068.jpg

(again, the "hot spot" is not as hot in the actual print)

LostSoles066.jpg

Again, these are straight from negative, not final prints. My scanner does not scan larger prints. I'm focusing on the composition more right now.

I like #1 the best but I would crop to the top of the stairs because the out of focus building in the background is distracting.

I would have to say its #1 for me. I think what adds to it is the police tape just laying there. I even think if you use one of the others I would add the police tape near the boot. I believe that it helps tell your story.

I like #1 the best...w/ a little cropping of the stairs

#2 seems to me that the stairs take up too much of the focus as the boot and police tape are off to the side

#3 the boot gets entirely lost in all the debris

#4 was not so bad but, once again, #1 was my favorite

Most reactions

Back