which photo printer?

If you are doing shows and packing a printer from venue to venue, you might find your price point a little on the low end if you want it to last. Nothing like having sales and your printer is down and can't deliver. (been there, done that) Also, if you have an assistant, there is no reason you can't deliver prints within 20-30 min and charge a premium. Besides, a cheap printer usually results in cheap looking prints. This can negatively affect future sales. Just a little food for thought.

hmm... good point... but I wont be taking the printer with me to the shows. I will be able to go home and then print them.

I may take D-50's suggestion and go with a R380.

I may b incorrect but getting a quality archival ink set isn't as simple as just selecting the right ink... there is a ink testing lab that publishes test results and is becoming a widely accepted resource... they have a website but for the life of me I can't recall the name

there was an event photographer I met at a race track event several years ago that relied on die-sub printers..... smething to look into as well

It uses whichever ink you put in the thing. Canon, Epson, HP, whoever...they all have archival ink that'll last 100+ years.

Yeah it uses what ever ink you put in it but why would you use a 3rd party ink. I guess if you want to nit pick then I meant to say the Epson inks designed for the R1800 are archival quality. I would not suggest using 3rd party inks.

Most reactions

Back