which self portrait?

Personally, I like the second one because the focus is more on you, which is what a self portrait is really meant for.

In the first one, there are more distractions and you can't really see your face too well.

It depends on what your portfollio is about... if it's about open, lighted, scenic type images, the first one is a better choice. If it's about more somber, serious and moody looking images, then the second one is better. The 2nd one is better in my opinion, but it depends on which goes with what you are trying to achieve with your portfollio.

Mike

Which one is closer to how you see yourself? That's what a self-portrait is about, even in the context of portfolio continuity.

Aesthetically, I prefer the first one. It's unique, it shows interest with activity, it has a bit of mystery to it, and it's not "like everyone else's."

#2 is well done, no doubt, but there's a lot of dark- and mysterious-looking self-portraits out there (I've got a few myself). If you actually are dark and mysterious, great, go with that one.

But I think #1 is the one with more character, especially if painting is your thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back