Which shall I choose...

Ziggyt2001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey new member here, I really want to get into photography more in depth here in the near future. I just was wondering if I can get opinions as far as which camera I should invest in.
I feel that I want to invest in a good camera right off the bat and was looking at the Nikon D5000 or just going for the D90. What are your thoughts? Pros and Cons to each?

Also, I currently only have a Sony TX1 point & shoot, so nothing crazy amazing off of that baby. However, I was wondering if there is any kid of literature or software that I can be looking at now to get myself ready for when I do get a camera? Any thoughts on that would also be appreciated. Thanks to everyone on here and I hope to submit some good photographs soon!

Tyler

D5000 has some benefits over the D90:
1. Intervelometer
2. More scene modes
3. Size (could be a benefit or con, depending)
4. Articulated display
5. Auto rotating display

D90 has some advantages over the D5000:
1. Top LCD
2. Internal focus motor
3. Faster FPS
4. More direct access buttons
5. Factory battery grip

Those are off the top of my head to help you out... it can be a tough decision to make, most will tell you to get the D90. Just weigh out the differences and decide on the features you think you'll enjoy more.

Thanks for the info guys. Like I said, I just have the regular point and shoot, so I was hoping to upgrade to the DSLR soon. The pictures with those just look sooo much better. Cost-wise the D5000 may get me more things. But got quality in mind with the D90. So just will have to keep seraching.

Most reactions

Back