Which size to post photos for critique?

Jon_Are

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I link to my photos on Flickr, and they only offer two sizes that would make sense for posting: medium (500x334) and large (1024x685).

The medium seems too small, and the large is so big that you have to scroll to see the entire image (at least on my laptop, you do).

Which is preferable? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon

(examples below):

Post the 500px preview and add a link to the 1024px image that clearly states it to be a link to a larger file. I do this all the time, If you look at my picture threads you will find an 800px image with a link directly below it saying "Bigger Here" or "See it Bigger Here", that link goes to the same image at 1024px in my Photo Lucidity gallery.

This provides the option to those viewing it, if their screen resolution can't contain the 1024 image they will have the 500 or 800 to work with with out having to scroll like a madman, wile those who can view it in it's larger size may also do so as they see fit.

For the landscape orientation use 800px wide by whatever that makes your height. For portrait, I do 650 tall by whatever it makes it wide. These sizes will cause the each image to fill a screen without causing the person to scroll. Sometimes I forget on the portrait style and do 800pix high which makes you have to scroll a little on a 1024x768 screen......that's why I usually try to do 650 high as the max and 800 wide as the max.

Edit: I see that you don't have the option to do what I said.....I would post the first one. I personally will rarely scroll to the right to see an entire photo and when they are to big I usually hit my back button and go to the next thread. What was mentioned above is a good idea by linking to the 1024 image.

I downsized all my photos to 800x533 before I loaded them into flickr, so now I get three sizes, the largest of them being what had I determined here beforehand. Seems to work fine for me. (And my vertical pics usually also show as 800px high and 533px wide :oops: ).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back