Which take do you prefer?

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know there are a ton of technical issues regarding these photos as this was taken when I did not know how to use my G9 yet, but, which one do you like better? Do you think I should brighten these up a bit? I could also use some advice as to what I might have done wrong with these photos. The first pic is closer to the original and the second is super contrasty. Thanks for your advice in advance! :D

555555555.jpg

77777777.jpg

*EDIT* Just noticed what I thought were dust spots in the sky, zoomed in and they are aircraft. Pretty weird huh? I am going to clone/heal them out of the picture so pretend they are not there when critiquing. :lol:

Last edited:
I like the feel of the softer first image but it is too dark for my tastes. The second one I think is too much contrast but it helped brighten it up somewhat. With it being that dark, the trees and bushes seem to look more blobbish (not sure if that's a word but I'm rolling with it) and seems to undermine their importance. Take all of this with a grain of salt as I have an extremely limited ability, I can only tell you what I like.

It may look better if you took out some of the sky, say crop enough off the top to where the top and bottom of the first tree are somewhat equal distances from the top and bottom of the frame. I know it takes away the bright spot in the sky which you may like but it takes less attention away from the other things in the pic. Just an idea.

I like the sharper image, but they are both underexposed.

I lean towards the 1st image. The second be so contrast heavy creates that aura affect around the nearest tree that I find fake and a tell-tale sign of computer editting. Personally, while I find pc editting to be usefull (especially with my limited photography experience), my taste calls for editting which appears natural. My belief is that the viewer should not be able to decide whether or not the photo was editted. Having said that, the 1st picture requires a little lightening up...Carefull that it doesn't get too grainy though. Another distraction I find in the second photo is the course grain (particularily in the foreground).

There you have it - my $0.02. Take it for what is worth. While I enjoy photography, I'm not terribly experienced with it. Other opinions would certainly be beneficial...

I like the second image more, the sky has more texture. But I also don't like the fog/aura around the tree in the same one.

I messed with it a bit more. Is this heading in the right direction? I fell as though I am just trying to save a bad shot :lol: I found this in an old folder and it may have been doomed out of the camera. Thanks for the input everyone :thumbup:

9087986976-2.jpg

true,the last picture is indeed the best so far

The last one is best but the sky needs to be evened out. See right at the horizon edge and then right above it all the way across there appears to be uneven dodging or burning of the sky to darken it, or maybe it was lightened??

Most reactions

Back