Which "type" of blur is this?

Riggaberto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got an old pentax k1000 with a macro converter for the standard 50mm it usually comes with. Got my first roll back and I shot this flower, and I cant figure out what type of blur this is, but I think it's sort of cool and would like to know how to reproduce it. Only problem is I dont know how I would achieve it again. It was a windy day, was it the wind, camera shake, or was it just out of focus because I moved before I snapped it or what? Maybe a lucky combination of all of the above? Thanks for the help.

Looks like the focus point is behind the flower as the picture gets sharper the further down you look. Not a bad picture IMHO.

Looks like the focus point is behind the flower as the picture gets sharper the further down you look. Not a bad picture IMHO.
Thank you. That would make sense, seeing as the closer edge of the flower is blurred pretty extensively. It's more of art photo than an accurate reproduction obviously, but those are okay once in a while.

Was this shot hand held?

I'd say it's a combination of three things. Camera shake (if hand held), subject movement (you said it was windy) and out of focus (it looks like a very shallow DOF).

Most reactions

Back