Which Version Is Better?

Chris Stegner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bluegrassphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have an image that I've "filtered" in Photoshop but I'm not sure if it works with this image or not. Which image do you prefer (if either)? And what do you think of the image in general?

Thanks to all!

1 - Not filtered

IMG_0288.jpg

2 - Filtered Version

IMG_0288-Filtered.jpg

I'm a noob, so that is my disclaimer.... ;) I like the filtered one the best, it gives a different "feel" to it- if that makes any sense. lol Nice capture either way!

I like the unfiltered version better. The filtered version is just a little too 'hazy' for my tastes.

I like the image in general...if anything, crop a little off the sides. Very rural image.

Personally, I don't like excessively filtered photos. The second, to me, just screams "Photoshop!" so I do prefer the first. However, I might not have cropped i tso small vertically. Photos look most naturally composed when in their original aspect ratio (4x6 is pretty standard), so I always crop to that. You can also try playing around with curves and the channel mixer in PS to make the colors and shadows/hilights really pop to let it be interesting without looking too filtered.

Do you live around there? A good exercise I used to do a lot was to take pictures of something, edit it, get critique, and then go back for another shoot. I think there are some really interesting perspectives you could try this scene from, and it might be worth trying!

#1 is best. I like how the clouds are brought out in #2, but its not worth sacraficing the crispness of the buildings.

Non-filtered for me. The filtered one just doesn't look real.

Most reactions

Back