Which web hosting service do you use?

Nitro9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Looking at making a website. Are some better than others to use (hosting services)?

Which one are you all using?

Will that work with iWeb if I make a site using that program?

Looks cheap enough at $6.95/month.

I don't know what iWeb is, but I am assuming that it will make files for you to ftp into your hosting provider. If that is the case, then yes.

I switched web hosts last year. I asked around to plenty of people and got a lot of recommendations for HostGator.com so I went with them and couldn't be happier.

hostgator.com seems pretty good for the price.

On any, how do I upload it or whatever you want to call it.

I create a website using iWeb on a mac and then I upload it to their service how?

i use iWeb to make my photography site.. and it is hosted on a server I bought through hostican.com I found a couple online that gave me a pretty decent discount (cant remember the code though) and I think its costing me $50 for the year (actually I think it was even cheaper.. can't remember though).. and in iWeb, i can just publish it directly to the server..

I create a website using iWeb on a mac and then I upload it to their service how?
I switched my from another host...but Hostgator took care of it all for me. Their helpdesk was quite good, don't hesitate to ask them.

For uploading directly from your computer, the best way is probably with an FTP program (there are several available).

Uploading to the server depends on you software and the server.
I first used Dreamhost. Once set up I clicked on "upload" from within the server.
A year ago I switched to Yahoo Small Business. They have free software you can download to create your site and from the software, a one button click to "Publish" to the server. Yahoo has had great customer service, so far.
Yahoo also picked up the cost of the domain name registration, but many others do also.

with iWeb, provided that you have the most recent version, when you click on the main page tab in iWeb, it gives you options on where you will publish the website.. you can post to dot mac, locally, or FTP.. you select FTP, then put in your server information, and it publishes directly there for you

I'm not certain but I believe that the current version of iWeb works with just about any hosting site.

Oops...
The Nikonguy beat me to it.

I hear 1&1 is very good. Not sure if it's been posted

I'm not certain but I believe that the current version of iWeb works with just about any hosting site.

Oops...
The Nikonguy beat me to it.

haha!! yea, any host will allow you to use iWeb now, because iWeb has the ability to FTP now..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back