which web site host????

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by jemmy, Aug 11, 2006.

1. jemmy

jemmy TPF Noob!

HI all, was hoping you could share who your web hosts are??? I am in australia - not that that matters i suppose - and have been shopping online for a host all arvo.... very confused as to how much space i would need to hold my pics. Also prices vary considerably and I am totally confused:confused: :confused: :confused: What should i look for in a host????? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am very keen to get things happening asap.
    Regards, jemma xx

2. nitefly

nitefly TPF Noob!

Hey,

I can help you out with anything web related if you want, add me to MSN if you have it me@nathanoborne.com ..

I'll PM you now anyway :)

Basically, eastsolid.com is a very reliable hosting company with great support.

3. Paul_the_6th

Paul_the_6th TPF Noob!

www.easily.co.uk = .co.uk £9.99 for 2 years or £14.99 for .me.uk for one year. Their hosting package is VERY comprehensive - £40 for a year for all the usual frontpage, sql, php, cgi all that stuff. have a look. :)

4. Foing

Foing TPF Noob!

I'm the owner (one of, anyway) Foing.com, a web host that will be launching in the next couple of weeks. We intend to have a hosting product specifically designed for photographers and other creatives with some gallery software and stuff already built in so that it's really easy to get up and running.

If you sign up at our website (www.foing.com) you will receive some really great coupons when we launch for being one of our first customers. For the 'folio' package, you'll have to use the 50% coupon, as the basic hosting will not have the portfolio software available.

I hope we can earn your business :) Send me a note if you have any questions or concerns (brian AT foing DOT com).

5. Namesniper

Namesniper TPF Noob!

I am with phatservers.net because of their support,usualy emails are answered in 20 minutes or less

6. Foing

Foing TPF Noob!

We got Foing launched yesterday. I think our FoingFolio package will suit many photographers here looking for an easy way to get their portfolio site going.

7. Inverness Photographic

Inverness Photographic TPF Noob!

Hi, just arrived here...

I use Photium, see http://www.invernessphotographic.co.uk they have various packages and do all the hosting, easy to build photoweb with e-comm and the support is great.

8. Namesniper

Namesniper TPF Noob!

Foing is a hosting service i need the software to host galleries,one has nothing to do with other

9. Namesniper

Namesniper TPF Noob!

Inverness Photographic i need something with multiuser support

10. nitefly

nitefly TPF Noob!

Namesniper what are you on about.. it is jemmy asking for help not you.

Foing, I can't find your folio package. And is that really your office on that photo? :O

11. Foing

Foing TPF Noob!

Actually, the software is included with the hosting package.

And sorry for the confusion, the Folio package is part of FoingStyle:

http://www.foing.com/FoingSTYLE/

It includes an autoinstaller for 4images, Coppermine, and Gallery, which are all popular gallery scripts. The autoinstaller saves you the hassle of installing these scripts to the server by hand, all you have to do is log into the control panel, tell it where you want it installed, give it a user/password and it does the rest. We're trying to make it as easy as possible for people who are not web developers. Let me know if you guys want to know anything else.

Also, if there's a gallery script you'd like to use that we aren't offering right now, let me know. I'm open to suggestion if there's a great one out there that I don't know about yet.

12. Foing

Foing TPF Noob!

...and yes, that's really our office :)