White Balance at night??

Your shot look good to me in terms of color balance. It may be a little underexposed for my taste, but it's definitely a reasonable interpretation.

I concur with the sentiment: shoot in RAW and worry about color balance in post. The only real downside to this for most shots is that if the color balance is significantly shifted while shooting, the histograms generated by the embedded jpg can mislead us often into underexposing a shot.

Since no one has offered a single comment on my night shot, it's evident that nobody found it worth commenting on. In that case, what can I do in post to make it appealing?

So to understand if you shoot in raw you leave the white balance in auto mode ? Or set how you want it and then change the white balance in post ?

correct, Auto setting works quite well most of the time. PP you have options to select the best presets or vary the temperature of the light. What program are you using for your post?

Thank you MarkJ I have it figured out now , for post I have Lightroom 4 and Photoshop 5.6 I now understand how to adjust them

Most reactions

Back