White Balance Lens Cap

potatowitz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
there are a few in the market...any thoughts? Sounds like a great idea to me, although I am a beginning photog...but once I learned how to set the white balance, I saw the rsults and realized it is one of the most important steps pre post, no?

I have a couple of them and they do work good but I prefer to just shoot in RAW and Auto white balance - if necessary (rare) I adjust it later.

any info on the "grey card"? I searched for info regarding White Balance, and this card was mentioned in every article...why grey?

18% grey to be exact.

white can often blow out and lose all information. if you shoot with grey you always have something to refer to.

any info on the "grey card"? I searched for info regarding White Balance, and this card was mentioned in every article...why grey?

Camera built-in light meters are calibrated to 18% gray. The 18% describes how much light the color relfects. Actually, the back of your hand also reflects about 18% of the light that hits it and makes a worthy substitute.

A post card can be various shades of white. Our brains make adjutments to things that are close to the color of pure white, to make them look whiter to us.

Most reactions

Back