white balance problem

am shootin in my room theres mixed light sources is that whats wrong :( ?

if the different light sources have very different colour temperatures, then you cannot set the whitebalance for all of them right simultaneuosly. Hence there is no correct white balance for the image as a whole then.

mixed light is always a compromise and can be very difficult to handle in a satisfying manner.

so how can i fix that

would be best to shoot outdoors in sunlight?

so how can i fix that

would be best to shoot outdoors in sunlight?

Shoot anywhere, as long as there is one color temperature to the lights. Don't mix different colored light sources. If you must use flash in a tungsten lighting situation, consider putting an amber gel over the flash to force the temp of the flash to match the ambient light.

Wow. what a helpful thread! I've been avoiding some of these questions for 1. didnt wanna look silly 2. i knew i'd figure it out eventually.
I understand WB but havent had time to play with it on my new XTi.
This info helped greatly!
You can totally tell that everyones learning and those who arent are being extremley helpful. This is exactly why I signed up for this forum!!!!

neea :) good that some people give positive feedback :)

OK, no RAW and no normal WB-only use custom. I have the 400D as well and found out a nifty technique, every color that you shoot and use for custom WB has a different effect. Just photograph a bunch of different paint cards mayve at Home Depot and write down the effect. It can really come in handy. And MAYBE you can use the normal ones as a sub, and all you need to know for those is this--The higher the number, the more warmth it adds.

Most reactions

Back