white balance

TC3D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I'm having an issue with my d60 white balance settings hopefully some one can help me. I'm kind of a noob so bear with me.

So I'm taking a picture of a still object with some lights in the room i looked up the color temp on the lights and they are 3200k. Based on the d60 manual I should use warm fluorescent for the white balance setting. When I do my photos come out blue. I'm not sure if I am going about this the wrong way.

any constructive input is appreciated:thumbup:

thanks

Is there any natural light in the room ? That will affect it. Most of the time i leave the wb on auto, tends to be pretty accurate especially in modern camera like the d60

If your image is blue it is too cold, Select a setting with a higher ****k
I usually leave it on Daylight.

I just use an 18% Gray lens cloth, place it near the area I'm shooting (or drape it on the subject), take a picture, then set custom white balance based on the shot. Seems to work out rather well.

Firstly fluorescent varies, and the camera tries to take that into account. Be glad that it came out blue and not green or purple. Also the colour temperature on the bulb doesn't make it exact either. If you have a dimmer it'll be completely different again. If it's an energy saving CFL or other type of fluro then just give up now.

Try doing a custom white balance on something white, or better yet shoot in RAW so you can adjust your colour balance after the fact.

thank you very much for all your comments. I will try this out and see what happens. have not tried the 18% grey cloth yet. thanks for the advice! :D

Most reactions

Back