britonk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.btonkinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I did the official photography for my sisters wedding yesterday. I chose to shoot JPG fine rather than raw vecause I have some other issues with shooting raw which I won't go into here...

I chose to shoot with white balance bracketing on (+/- 3) and am having trouble deciding which of the three to use. Generally speaking once I have made the decision I will probably use the same choise for all pics (0, -3 or +3).

I would like your opinions on which you think is best out of this sample shot. Please try to ignore the difference in crop in making your decision - for now I am just looking at the difference in colour.

All help / comments would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Image 1:
img1.jpg

Image 2:
img2.jpg

Image 3:
img3.jpg

It may very well just be a very personal preference, but I am a sucker for the warm colours, hence Photo 2 for me. But my choice may be all wrong from a more scientific point of view (say who does not even understand what "white balance bracketing" means and how that can be done ... :er: )

For a wedding number 2. They are supposed to be warm and happy times and thus need to be matched with warm colours, especially when the sun isn't out.

Also white balance braketing is often unnecessary IMHO. Once you find a white balance setting I like I set it on the camera and then forget it. This works well providing there isn't a massive change in lighting conditions, such as going from outside inside to tungsten bulbs or starting on an overcast day which clears up later.

To me none of them look right - I am assuming the guy in the back row, third from the right has a white shirt? If so they all look a bit blue to me, although number two is about the closest. I did have a quick play in Lightroom and got his shirt white and it looked a lot better.

This is where a greycard shot is useful

I am assuming the guy in the back row, third from the right has a white shirt?

The color is white but if you are looking in-between his shirt that is a waiste coat and it should have a slight blue tint.

Thanks for comments - I thought option 2 as well but wasn't 100% I am much happier now I know you guys seem to agree.

Why couldn't I vote?

Using a web-based photo to judge color really doesn't work well unless everyone's monitor is calibrated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back