White Heart of the Mojave

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Abraxas,

Sorry, but I musta missed the notice. Congrats on the move. Here I was ready to give Uppenchuckit a visit next year. Perhaps a detour to Hittenrun is in order.

Nice shot. Love the rays. Curious how the space above the horizon got blistered and then the tops mysteriously show themselves. Then, Bam, blistered again. Memories of days gone by.

Abraxas,
Sorry, but I musta missed the notice. Congrats on the move. Here I was ready to give Uppenchuckit a visit next year. Perhaps a detour to Hittenrun is in order.

A little bigger community than Uppenchuckit, which reminded me of my younger days in the twin cities of Upsydaisy and Drunkenstupor. Nowhere near as big as Humanage was though, and thank God for that! Pencil your itinerary, might be making a move to rural Coma or Drool soon.

Nice shot. Love the rays. Curious how the space above the horizon got blistered and then the tops mysteriously show themselves. Then, Bam, blistered again. Memories of days gone by.

The effect is caused by a rare fog lifting from the desert floor faster than I could get dressed and haul myself 2 miles to the location from where I was sleeping. Within 5 minutes or so of shooting the shot the fog dissolved into a haze. 20 minutes after that, clear as a bell.

wow, so nice. i always love to see you're photographs.

Thanks Joey!

Wow, what a shot. I love the creaminess of the mountains.

The gold gives such a warm feeling it is rediculous! I love it, very surreal!

Brian

This might be an ill advise, but I think the bottom most definitely must go (lol, just a coincidence). There's nothing interesting there except the rather distracting sun flare. If you get rid of it, the image will have more weight. Not to mention more epic because the landscape would be suddenly stretched.

Other than that, it's sweet shot.

Whoa!!! that fog is incredible! Love the lens flare. I think the shot could use some work colour wise. Heavy colour cast.

BTW, I used to listen to a lot of Supertramp. "Gone Hollywood" is one of my favorite jams. "There's no use in quitting when the world is waiting for you."

Love & Bass

Wow, what a shot. I love the creaminess of the mountains.

Thank you.

The gold gives such a warm feeling it is rediculous! I love it, very surreal!

Brian

It's a very strange area.

This might be an ill advise, but I think the bottom most definitely must go (lol, just a coincidence). There's nothing interesting there except the rather distracting sun flare. If you get rid of it, the image will have more weight. Not to mention more epic because the landscape would be suddenly stretched.

Other than that, it's sweet shot.

Thanks. Flare usually doesn't do too much for me. Here it doesn't seem totally disgusting though. It probably would look better with a crop to the bottom of the fence at least. And then, well, I don't have much use for a pano-type format. This one will probably end up in the rag pile.

Whoa!!! that fog is incredible! Love the lens flare. I think the shot could use some work colour wise. Heavy colour cast.

BTW, I used to listen to a lot of Supertramp. "Gone Hollywood" is one of my favorite jams. "There's no use in quitting when the world is waiting for you."

It was a morning to remember, very strange with the fog. I think the shot has more of a sentimental value. Why? you ask, well, back in the olden-days when Breakfast in America came out me and a buddy were screaming across the desert in his hotrod Pontiac Firebird in the middle of the night and about five miles north of this spot he pops in the tape. First time I ever heard Supertramp, and Blue Oyster Cult. BOC is too heavy, but I stuck with Supertramp.

I did get some nice shots that morning after it cleared up. So I'm not going to throw my camera out yet.

Most reactions

Back