White Mountains, New Hampshire

noahx1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went hiking around in the White Mountains for a few days, and of course I forgot to bring my tripod on this walk, so I had to set my camera down on the railing - not ideal, but I am happy with these photos I got! I have not edited them yet and these are JPEG (not 100% sure how to upload CR2 files and I don't have photoshop). Any feedback is very welcome! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7191.jpg
    IMG_7191.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_7203.jpg
    IMG_7203.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
I love the composition in both of these, but I would love to see some more light in the first one. Perhaps even making it a bit warmer (but that's a mood choice I suppose). The rocks on the left seem so flat because the light is so even and grey, it would be nice to add some light to break up the planes a bit more.

I love the composition in both of these, but I would love to see some more light in the first one. Perhaps even making it a bit warmer (but that's a mood choice I suppose). The rocks on the left seem so flat because the light is so even and grey, it would be nice to add some light to break up the planes a bit more.

Thank you! I definitely agree, I think the rocks tend to blend together a little bit too much. I'll try editing it in the future, and hopefully I can fix that!

I know you said that you don't have Photoshop, but if you are looking to spring for editing Adobe does a great PS/Lightroom combo for $10/month. It was how I transitioned from editing in PS to using almost exclusively LR. LR allows a lot more fine-tuning for things like adding-the light to the rocks. PS is great for when you want to do some difficult composites, et al, but LR has such a great workflow and usability. It made me go from hating editing to loving editing.

I know you said that you don't have Photoshop, but if you are looking to spring for editing Adobe does a great PS/Lightroom combo for $10/month. It was how I transitioned from editing in PS to using almost exclusively LR. LR allows a lot more fine-tuning for things like adding-the light to the rocks. PS is great for when you want to do some difficult composites, et al, but LR has such a great workflow and usability. It made me go from hating editing to loving editing.

I will for sure look into this! Thank you so much for the tip! :)

Most reactions

Back