White Nikon Lenses

My fiance wants this very same camera, whatever it is.

I think this is the closest you'll get :p

Canon%20XL2.jpg

I think it is cool ... i would not like pink though ;)

The idea behind Nikkor white was to reduce heat absorption. They didn't sell. Then a case manufacturer tested gadget bag colors and found black cases didn't heat up and faster than other colors in there line. Pelican also tested black/gray and also found no significant difference. Besides, why in God's green earth would I want anyone to think my D3 is a Canon? Can't think of reason one! I did have a fella who saw me setup with a D1X and a 400 3.5 ask me "OMG, is that a Cannon?" I told him no, just my heavy artillery.

I ordered my 70-200VR directly from Nikon (I was a Ritz employee) and they told me the white one would be tough to get. I wanted one at the time and I think if Nikon tol me that you will have a tough time getting one.

I would buy a used, cheap lens to try some paint out on before making the jump to painting an expensive lens. I'm sure you could find a used, crappy lens for like, $100 or less and that would be worth it if it meant saving yourself a thousand plus in damages. It's your call though. If you do paint a lens, or if anyone does, totally throw up some pictures. I'd like a good laugh.

interestingly many Canon users really dislike the white lenses, whereas many Nikonians would like to have them white ;)

I like them white though.

I have the black Sigma 70-200 2.8 for my camera, but I suppose if I had a 70-200 2.8 IS (Canon) I'd sure love white!

You're not thinking practically. Sure a white lens may look cool now, but when you're trying to stalk a girl at night while wearing a ninja costume, the white lens will give away your position.

You're not thinking practically. Sure a white lens may look cool now, but when you're trying to stalk a girl at night while wearing a ninja costume, the white lens will give away your position.
HAHA:lol:

Yea that is a dead giveaway!

I ordered my 70-200VR directly from Nikon (I was a Ritz employee) and they told me the white one would be tough to get. I wanted one at the time and I think if Nikon tol me that you will have a tough time getting one.

What are prices like ordering straight from Nikon ?

Lenscoat?

Good idea, i'll have to see what fancy effects they do. There should be a little 'Pimp My Lens' section on photography shop websites with all sorts of accessory like this ! :mrgreen:

:lol: What an obvious point to miss ! ;)

I've seen a few go up on ebay and they end up selling for a few hundred more than their black counterparts. I personally don't think white paint is worth $300, but apparently some people want themselves and their $3k body and lens to catch as much attention as possible. It'll just look that much nicer to a thief imo.

I'm a canon user with a White 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens...The lens is beautiful don't get me wrong...but it is hard to "blend in" at an event with a camera lens that is white. When at a wedding everyone sees you no matter what, when I have my black lens it's a little less inconspicuous. It's really a love hate relationship with the white lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back