White rose. I love this result

The color one looks better, but I think the B&W version could be made much better with a better BW conversion. You lost some brightness, and the contrast could be brought up.

I wouldn't mind seeing the color version a little brighter too.

The colour version is perfect. The B&W version would be vastly improved with an increase of contrast.

Can you give us the EXIF data and setup information on this shot?

ok i will adjust it later and post it.

Thanks

If i were to use one of these for the compitition, I would use the first (color) one. I would howerver try to clone out the brown spots. Another thing to consider, since the outside edges are faded anyway, I would try a mystifier effect to give the light in the center of the rose more a radiant or "glamour" touch.

Color one is inspiring, I like the "light-from-within" effect that the white rose (symbolizing friendship) is bringing. Of the two I'd rather enter the color one, but I'd rather see all of the photos that you're considering putting in the competition before I tell you that you should put the rose photo in ;)

Ok, I will try and edit the colour a bit more to improve it.

I need to take some more photos to enter and then choose. I will let you all know.

I am thinking of doing a long exposure at the clear sky full of stars, creating a blurred spinning stars effect, what do you think ?

Worth a try ?

Please comment on the newly edited rose photo (see post above)

Thanks

A few people have come close but no one seems to have noticed the obvious problem. A white rose is supposed to have white petals in either colour or black and white...NOT grey petals or petals with a slightly reddish hue in your later edited version.

Your in camera metering is based on grey, so when shooting a subject with a lot of white in it, slight over-exposure is necessary to make the white...white. Otherwise you have the grey petals as in your shot.

skieur

Ok thanks. Can I Photoshop the image to make the petals whiter - would that work ?

Ok thanks. Can I Photoshop the image to make the petals whiter - would that work ?

Yes, by either careful and selective brightening or a colour balance adjustment.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back