Who are your faviourite chick singers?

treehuggerhikerboy said:
most of the above and patty griffin.

Vonnagy..have you heard of a band called The Brunettes (from NZ)? I just saw them the other night when they opened up for the Shins....pretty good/interesting/funny/odd.

ha saw them in Raglan (surfer community in nz) bout 3 years ago. pretty cool stuff, its gotta be mind boggling for them from playing a venue like that to opening for the Shins in Denver! If you care interested in Kiwi 'chick singers' checkout:

bic runga (folksy)
stellar (bic runga's sister is lead singer)
fur patrol
goldenhorse
strawpeople (dance music)
brooke fraser (loverly voice, good songwriter)

The word "chick" does not really describe the ladies on my list. I like to think of them as women that have great voices and talent that look into MY eyes when I see them on TV or in concert and then they invite me to the after party with all their lady friends and we get to talking and one thing leads to another and then she slips her hotel key into my pocket and....

Anyway at this moment in time (based on vocal talent and grooviness):
The lady from Lacuna Coil
The lady with Zero 7
Gwen Stefani
Kim Gordon with Sonic Youth
Debbie Harry
Lauren Hill
Foxy Brown
The lady that sings backup and lead with MOBY
Billy Holiday (Lady Day)
Let us not forget the two greatest "cross over artists":
Selena
Patsy Cline

It may be a little sexist that I do not know half these women's name. I did at one point or another. Honestly.

awesome list craig - btw Sia Furler sings for Zero 7. Billie Holiday rules!

and lula, thanks for your list i'll check out some of those name soon :)

Moby is just the best. I am so IN LOVE with his music. But not with him, of course.

Lets not forget:
Bette Midler
k.d. lang

Meysha said:
I love Sinead O'Connors version of Gloomy Sunday. But that song is just magical whoever sings it.

i absolutely love Diamanda Galas' version of it-:)
and i love 'gloomy sunday'
Bjork's version is great too-:)

anua said:
i absolutely love Diamanda Galas' version of it-:)
and i love 'gloomy sunday'
Bjork's version is great too-:)

I agree! I think I've got about 5 different versions of that song. I just love it.

I have to add:
Missy Higgins

and also, for my crazy pop cravings and psycho moments... Kylie, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera!!!
Ok so their music is crap but it's just so good to put on "Toxic" and dance around the house like a complete idiot! :crazy:

Almost forgot Beverly Knight http://www.beverleyknight.com/

Nothing wrong with a bit of pop. I'll go along with Britney as well. I only like one or two of her songs. Toxic is great of the radio for some reason. Always gets me going. Aguilera does too much yodelling for my liking. Hmmm... we should meet up. I can cook you that pizza and you can show me how you shake yo thang to Britney.

Oh, and more pop. Miss Bedingfield has a good voice and is a bit of a hottie as well. http://www.natashabedingfield.com/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back