Who can figgure out College Football ???

PatrickHMS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hmscoatings.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Texas beat Oklahoma more convincingly than the final score of 45 - 35

Then Texas tech beat Texas 39 - 33.

Right now at halftime of the Texas Tech (2) Oklahoma (5) game, it is an old fashioned butt-whipping.

Oklahoma is leading 42 - 7, again, it is only halftime.

So, next week, Oklahoma plays at Oklahoma State, whose only 2 losses are to Texas and Texas Tech.

Yeah, the Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma game was really crazy. I actually thought Texas Tech was going to put up a fight, kinda hoping they would win just to stay undefeated.

Maybe we should kinda feel sorry for Baylor, Texas Tech's next opponent, AT Texas Tech.

Maybe Texas Tech isn't really that bad, nor is Oklahoma that good....

Oklahoma beats Texas Tech beats Texas beats Oklahoma.

Wonder how Alabama or Florida would fare against any of the three teams mentioned above.

How about NC State beating UNC 41-10? (Had to, I was there in a crowd of UNC fans pulling for State.)

I really doubt anyone even saw this game now that I think about it, hah.

I'm hoping for the BCS nightmare and not just because I bleed orange.

Picture this:

OU loses to Ok State - Tech wins Big 12 South and then loses to Missouri in the championship game

Bama loses to Auburn, Florida loses to Florida State then beats Bama in the SEC championship

Oregon State beats Oregon and wins the Pac 10

That would most likely put Texas and USC, 2 teams that did not win their conferences, in the BCS Championship

Oh what fun it would be to hear what people say then........pipe dream I know, but it is fun to dream.

I am pretty much open to who wins most games, but for Bowl matchups I would really like to see the best team play the best teams, so we fans get the best matchups for a great game, not because of who beats who, or who has played who in the past, or where a team comes from...

But in the BCS, it's all about money and Notre Dame, and recently ND is lucky if they end up being the best team in their own geographical area (they are the best team in their own State, but doing that in Indiana is relatively easy).

I think a rematch of Florida - Alabama could make a good Bowl game, but it wouldn't work because of geographics and most interest would be regional.

But same with Texas, who beat Oklahoma, who beat Texas Tech, who beat Texas, two of those playing again could be interesting...

Think the loser of any of those games wouldn't like another shot at a team who messed up their undefeated record or BCS status(?), like there wouldn't be any emotion in a rematch game like that.

Coming from the Deep South, not sure if Alabama or Florida either one could beat Texas (the way they played when they beat Oklahoma) or Texas Tech (the way they played when they beat Texas), or Oklahoma (they way they played when they beat Texas Tech).

And the "Rivalry" games are coming up, where many times, either team could rise up and beat whoever was favored to win.

I know about Penn State, Ohio State, USC, but what about some quality teams the BCS might forget about like Oregon and Oregon State, Missouri, Utah, etc. ?

All you hear about here locally is the upcoming Ga Tech - Georgia game, and that new offense that Ga Tech is running. Kinda reminds me of the 1960's and 1970's Wishbone offense that Alabama and Oklahoma used to run, and run, and run....

There is a group of teams I will never root for though - Notre Dame, Boston Celtics, New York Yankees, Georgia Bulldogs (my favorite team is whoever is playing them that week, in any sport), So Cal, and the Russians.

But I sure hope the upcoming Bowl Games turn out to be better matchups than many are predicting most of them to be.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back